FJ Holden and Valiant Charger (from Australian movies)

kruleworld

This is my Valiant Charger from the movie Suburban Mayhem. Yes it's an aussie movie and no it's not any good. like most aussie movies, it's kinda boring (too talky, no real 'action' to speak of, not enough of the cars).

i was able cheat a little with this build, by using the Trax 73 VJ Charger in Sunfire Yellow 1/24 diecast. it's about the right colour, and it's the correct year model. it just needed some 5-kidney-hole mags and a new stripe. I stripped the factory stripes off with acetone. The stripe i did the artwork and got Pattos Place to print them.

suburbanmayhem_wideweb__430x286.jpg

The other car is from the movie "The FJ Holden".
This is the 'before he fixes it up' Holden in the movie. It's a typical young person's ride, not much to look at but something to learn to drive and get about with. The movie is about a young man in the late 1970s suburbia, partaking in life's pleasures of Cars, Girls and Booze. it's a glimpse into australian life at the time.

The model is ADR resin kit. i didn't bother to detail it, just the 'work-in-progress' paint job. i had to fabricate a rear parcel shelf since they either missed it or never included one.

i186186.jpg

Another Australian movie build

The Chain Reaction
This not the Keaneu Reeves film, but an australian movie starring Steve Bisley (aka 'Goose' from Mad Max). After a nuclear spill is covered up, the chase is on to capture a contaminated scientist who is going to blow the whistle on the cover-up.

The car was made from a resin sedan transkit of the Holden Monaro. I chopped off the back and used a stepside bed from a plastic kit. the five colour stripe was hardest part. I also had to change the headlights from single to dual.

i124805.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back