Arrow Season One Bow Markings?

JKRIB

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has any hi-res / close-up pictures of Arrow's season one, screen-used bow markings?
I'm looking for the side opposite the arrow rest specifically, as I have already burned the inside markings from the pictures below:
View attachment arrow-green-arrow-07.JPG
I am scaling the picture to match my Ragim bow. I cut out the paper to shape and color the back completely in pencil.
I then put it in position, tape it down and trace over the symbols, allowing them to transfer over to the face of the wood.
After that, I touch up the markings and begin to engrave them with my wood-burning pen.

Only pictures I could find were these (I'm looking for a straight on picture but can't find one anywhere)
Riser1.jpgView attachment arrow-green-arrow-10.JPG

I haven't seen any perfectly straight on pics yet, and I've been looking for awhile. There's got to be some somewhere though. There might be some decent screenshots this season when we see him building it. ;) (Then again, that bow might not be an exact match to the original)

I actually used the last 2 pictures and warped the markings in photoshop and digitally placed them on top of a picture of my bow and adjusted until it looked right. Then, I printed it, color the back in pencil, taped it on my riser and transferred everything to carve. I'm currently trying to figure out the chock placement and the leather wrap then it will be all done. Will post pictures when finished!

Here is the finished bow and Stephen Amell signed it at NYCC!

10694239_4845503552667_5483477196129100886_o.jpg1269231_4845505112706_7485428785517378313_o.jpg
10665247_10152793725482760_2950529059508585045_n.jpgStephenAmellEdit.jpg

Attachments

• 20141013_163124[1].jpg
    20141013_163124[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 196
  • 20141013_163323.jpg
    20141013_163323.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Thanks guys! He didn't say anything about the bow OR the cosplay so I was kinda disappointed..
because I heard he loves accurate props and geeks out over them.

He was sort of being rushed because he had a panel to be at and his manager wanted to stop the line.
He joked around with us saying, "Enough of all this hullabaloo. The line doesn't stop"

We had a couple more exchanges other than "Hi" and "Bye" but the girl sitting next to him complimented me on it.
Wish I had more time to even tell him I made the bow myself.

And, as you can see in the above picture, the tip of the arrow in his signature smudged because it was on the sinew.
Now, it's a curved arrow =/
I wanted him to sign on one of the black limb pieces but was worried the black paint could chip,
with the signature along with it. At least it wood stick on the wood.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! He didn't say anything about the bow OR the cosplay so I was kinda disappointed..
because I heard he loves accurate props and geeks out over them.
Sorry to hear that. At least you got it signed.

He was sort of being rushed because he had a panel to be at and his manager wanted to stop the line.
He joked around with us saying, "Enough of all this hullabaloo. The line doesn't stop"

He was probably serious :lol At $50 a pop for sigs and $60 for pics, he probably made out like a bandit Fri-Sun.

I'm a little cautious about stringing the bow.
I sanded the limbs a bit to get rid of the logos and whatnot so I'm paranoid that I made the them weaker, by doing that.
The 8mm screws and end caps are on pretty tight. Do you guys think the arms will snap or anything? :confused

I'm a little cautious about stringing the bow.
I sanded the limbs a bit to get rid of the logos and whatnot so I'm paranoid that I made the them weaker, by doing that.
The 8mm screws and end caps are on pretty tight. Do you guys think the arms will snap or anything? :confused
Shouldn't hurt it at all.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back