The Official V4 Info and Instructions Depot™

My condolences as well for both of you.

In reference to people wanting a compact armature I'm designing one that would work very nicely. Several people who have the V3 and V4 have already expressed interest in it so I thought I'd make it known here.

Mike, I would love to colaborate with you on scaling up my design to fit in your models if you like what you see. Here is the video showing the 1:48 working protoype. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Q2ZbuiFAc&feature=youtu.be

No, manual operation is not the only method of actuating it. However, the method I have come up with for doing so through the servo hub on the back of the model I think is pretty sweet.

The motorized version for the 1:48 scale is intended to be a simple swap out of the drive shaft with a motor mount glued on to the back of the mechanism. Super compact and completely self contained inside the model. With an internal rechargeable battery and a hidden micro USB port out the back you could have a motorized X-wing free of external armatures, wires and base. :cool:cool:cool

I've yet to see a completed V4 so I couldn't help myself and just had to post a couple of photos on here of my Red-2. Mike please forgive me for polluting your thread.
DSC_03002.jpgDSC_0303.jpgDSC_0329.jpgDSC_0310.jpg
DSC_0304.jpgDSC_0307.jpg

That may be the first completed v4, and it is awesome, you did an amazing job. Thanks for posting it, it really deserves it's own thread!

So just to update everyone, we are still well below were it should be temperature wise here, this winter is kicking my %$&*()#$@%&)*(@&. Snowed again last night and temps are more like early Feb than late March

It should, fingers crossed, be getting a bit warmer by Friday or Sat this week

I have been doing what i can but it has really been frustrating. I sent out a round of PM's earlier this week for kits that are ready and I hope, really hope to get a flow of kits going out starting very soon.

I appreciate every ones support and patience, I just could not have anticipated a winter this bad temp wise, Feb was the coldest month ever recorded here, ever!

thanks
mike

I've yet to see a completed V4 so I couldn't help myself and just had to post a couple of photos on here of my Red-2. Mike please forgive me for polluting your thread.
View attachment 453902View attachment 453903View attachment 453906View attachment 453905
View attachment 453904View attachment 453907

I'm assuming your shop doesn't have a furnace, and that's why record low temperatures are affecting you so badly? Living in northern Indiana, I got tired of that years ago and bought a 60,000 BTU shop furnace. The cost was painful, but I keep the temperature in my shop the same as my house now. Looking back, it's probably one of the better investments I've ever made. Sure is nice to work in a toasty warm shop when it's blizzarding outside. I can't imagine NOT having it now.

I have a 20,000 BTU propane heater and electric heat, but the issue seems to be that those can warm the shop pretty good to like 45F, but the air only, not the molds for some reason, at least not enough. So the issue winds up being that on small parts especially that they wind up curing very, very brittle. So they break coming out of the molds.

My set up is pretty good for usual temps here, but in Feb it was consistently below zero overnights, sometimes 30 below with the wind chill, so even with decent air temp in the shop, things just did not work out consistently.

It's been just crazy weather here, it should be like 50 degrees today but this is what is going on outside my window right now.

001_zpsjedlxsrt.jpg

I'm assuming your shop doesn't have a furnace, and that's why record low temperatures are affecting you so badly? Living in northern Indiana, I got tired of that years ago and bought a 60,000 BTU shop furnace. The cost was painful, but I keep the temperature in my shop the same as my house now. Looking back, it's probably one of the better investments I've ever made. Sure is nice to work in a toasty warm shop when it's blizzarding outside. I can't imagine NOT having it now.

I made them in photoshop, and used some water slide inkjet paper.
Fantastic looking X-wing you have there!

My V4 is now basecoated, ready for painting. This is a good reminder for me to finally get me some of that water slide paper so that I have it once I get to the stage I need it. Which brand did you use?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back