The Official V4 Info and Instructions Depot™

mslz22

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok so after a couple of weeks of recovery (knock on wood it stays that way) ready to start an info thread on this. This is the first casting that will be headed off to Jason who will take over this thread soon enough for a formal set of instructions. For now just a few pics and some info on what has changed from the V3.1

So biggest change other than the reshaping of the upper fuselage is the addition of the "cheater" open/close mechanism. If your going to go all out and get a Mike Reader armature you will not need this. Basically it's the 2 L bracket parts with a short aluminum armature pipe, keeping the pipe hollow will allow for some wires if needed. The L bracket assembly is cast in High Density Resin and should be more than strong enough.

Armature cover detail, basically those funky detail parts that cover the ungly inner armature stuff. Basically will be a "plug" for when the wings are open.

For the first time that i know of, and a huge thanks to Isel, the correct phantom engine for Red 2 and Blue leader will be available, also the short turkey feathers on that option for the first time from me.

As with the V3 you will be able to order the correct engine combo by indicating to me if you want Red 1-Red 5, for those who don't know each one had a unique combo of the Sat V and phantom parts. Ie Red 2 has the 4 inner engines seen in grey in the pics, Red 5 has 4 of the one in tan, Red 2 has 4 Sat V cans with no bar, Red 1 is 4x Sat V with the bar etc etc.

Not pictured yet but i will also offer up the gear down version of the v4, fixed wing position closed with landing gear, gear has metal cast into it. I did a V3 that is esentially the same, will post some pics later.

Sure i am forgetting something but will update as i go along. Will start a JY thread soon.
thanks
mike

002_zps658b84f1.jpg

006_zpsec67d237.jpg
024_zpsad31f7a2.jpg

008_zpsc71b85b7.jpg

010_zps7de2447c.jpg
026_zps6037fddc.jpg

Bwahahahahahahaha x-wing me up baby. Beautiful, just beautiful. Can't wait for the jy thread and I'm glad you are feeling better.

Great news that you're recovering, Mike.

Oooh..., pictures. Not for some time have I wanted something this bad. Maybe not since 1977.

Glad to hear you're recovering... I found a wound on my finger one day and it wasn't healing well - you had me thinking I had some kind of flesh eating baterial infection!

Looking forward to the JY thread!

Heck yeah! I'll start this build instruction component off with Red 1... and I plan to do 2 through 5, too... So this thread is going to be EPIC, thanks to Mike's offerings!

I've been told I'll be heading overseas soon and making some extra coin in the process. The only issue with that is...I haven't frakkin gone yet because this is one kit I don't want to miss.

Red 2 has the 4 inner engines seen in grey in the pics, Red 5 has 4 of the one in tan, Red 2 has 4 Sat V cans with no bar, Red 1 is 4x Sat V with the bar etc etc.

Red 2 is listed twice. Not intending to be a nitpick, I just want to make sure I specify the right one. :)

Great work, Mike!

Red 2 is listed twice. Not intending to be a nitpick, I just want to make sure I specify the right one. :)

Great work, Mike!

Thanks, just to be clear i was referring to the Sat V parts and the phantom parts as an example on Red 2, so it's the combo off all the parts inner and outer engines that I will match to each ship. I can post a full list of the combos if it helps anyone, but I think most people pick the Red # based on character or which paint job they like the most.

Thanks, just to be clear i was referring to the Sat V parts and the phantom parts as an example on Red 2, so it's the combo off all the parts inner and outer engines that I will match to each ship. I can post a full list of the combos if it helps anyone, but I think most people pick the Red # based on character or which paint job they like the most.

Ah, got it now - sorry about my confusion. I see now.

I'm going to PM you to buy one, but I first wanted to check on which ships there are. I see Reds 1-5 mentioned. Will there by any chance be a Red 6 or Red 12?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back