The Official V4 Info and Instructions Depot™

Anyone hear from Mike at all? I've messaged him regarding missing parts on my V4 over a month ago. Is he still literally snowed under??

Not snowed under but we just got nice last week or so ago.

I am playing catch up a bit but will get out any missing parts etc ASAP. Last week was full getting everything up and running again, plus the Hasbro upgrade etc.

Mike,

I'm still interested in the red 2 engines with shortened cans, ATST body, and neck when you get a chance. Thanks!

Isel

Hey Isel, got your stuff together last week. Will ship as soon as i can. I had to wait a bit to do the rubber neck, the rubber does not like the cold, even less than resin. It's all set.
mike

This winter was bad.
With the low temps still hanging around... It seems like it wants to stay like a long worn out visit from the relatives.

I replied in the other thread. As requested, no need to rush on our kit.

Ok, for anyone who missed it, the resin armature that i used did not live up to the promises of the material. Meaning that the material was supposed to be warp resistant to like 112 degrees or something, however some people who got the kit and built it have had problems with the armature drooping. Not the wings but the L brackets on the armature.

The solution is this brace that i developed. When the wings are open this jams into the armature supporting the wings and l brackets in the open position. This should prevent the sag.

I am casting up a bunch of these now and will start sending them out as i can.

I am casting the armatures in a new resin that is supposed to be warp resistant to 150 degrees, so that along with the brace should address the issue.

However i will say that there is really no substitute for an alluminum armature, and i highly suggest getting one if you have a kit. I do not charge much for the V4 by comparison to other x wings on the market or other resin kits for that matter. The cost of the kit + an alluminum armature is still less than other typical resin kits.

If any one also wants the "old" style V3 open wing brackets, let me know. You wings will be open all the time but those were bullet proof.

FullSizeRender_zpsqzcyc7yv.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back