The Official V4 Info and Instructions Depot™

I think that for Red 6 or Red 12 i would use what the pryo/ Red 4 had for the engine combos, i will double check pics to see if i can make out any more info.
mike

Sorry for silly questions
But what did your V3.1 x-wing make - Red what ???
And what did Capt card X-wing make - Red what??

Sorry not really up to date on the difference

The V3.1 I also let people pick which Red # for the engine combo etc. Keep in mind that the fuselage and everything else is kind of "generic" as there is no practical way for me to make 5 full sets of fuselage molds etc. If you want that kind of exacting detail for detail bit you can modify the "generic" fuselage to have the correct bits to make it any of the designations. It's really those engine combos that are the things that stand out the most.

The Captain Cardboard one really came with Red 4 engine combo.

Keep in mind that even the older versions like the CC look great painted up as any of the Red's, me offering up the options for the correct combo just seemed like a natural evolution.

mike

Have you settled on a price yet Mike or is it still TBA? I'm just wondering how much damage this and shipping to Australia will do to my wallet.

Have you settled on a price yet Mike or is it still TBA? I'm just wondering how much damage this and shipping to Australia will do to my wallet.

Mate all below

Ordering instructions here....

Please note that just to make it consistent, if you have PM'd me with interest in the kit I would like you to PM me again with a formal order, that way i don't misplace anyone.
thanks
mike

http://www.therpf.com/f75/v4-incom-t-65-limited-run-226208/#post3450509

V4 has landed! Will start in asap, and starting as Red 1. Speaking of - which droid should I use? The black and white Artoo ended up in the TIE Killer Y!

10633609_10152834892218156_3079062370673937439_o.jpg

Okay, here's what you'll get in the kit - do a parts inventory.
Everything associated with the body:
L1130895.jpg

2x for the guns:
L1130896.jpg

4x for the wings:
L1130897.jpg

4x for the engines, and one set of the new-to-this-kit wing inner-hinges
L1130898.jpg

Preliminary things.
First ensure the supplied hinge assembly fits and operates within the body halves. You will need to sand the hinge halves themselves, and possibly trim the BOTTOM hull recess:
L1130899.jpg

When done, they will close:
L1130900.jpg

And open!
L1130901.jpg

Aluminum bar will sit flush against the rear, which will allow the buttplate to fit.
L1130903.jpg

As you can see, the wings will fit nicely against the L brackets!
L1130905.jpg

Oh! There are also four of these plant-ons that fit inside the wing's edges (I'll show that later)... I dropped a wing and a chip blew out, so I'll fix that with Apoxie Sculpt shortly. Things happen when you build, so relax - everything can be fixed.
L1130904.jpg

I'll also show how you can add the metal armature, which will require a little routing of the front inner hull, from where the landing gear box was in a previous version. More on that later. You won't need to do this at all if you stick with the resin/metal armature as seen above.
L1130906.jpg

Things to note - you will need to clean up and rescribe some panel lines. I'll do that next.
L1130907.jpg

L1130908.jpg

Also, you will need to remove some material from either the inner upper hull or the cockpit insert to get it to fit as high up as you see on the ILM birds. That will also be next:
L1130909.jpg

L1130910.jpg

You know by showing us this stuff it just raises the anticipation and makes us just want to hound Mike about when we might be getting this in our dirty little hands.

Looking awesome Jason, thanks.

First just want to address the panel line thing, for some reason a few of the panel lines "grabbed" when i pulled the pattern out of the molds. It has been happening on a number of parts across a couple of different kits that i have poured molds for. I have not changed the way i do panel line scribing, so i don't know if it's a new formulation of the mold max 30 (it has happened thru at least 2 or 3 recent batches), or some other weird thing. I thought about making a new set of molds for the fuselage, but since i have no way of telling if it would just happen again decided against it (these molds are big).

If you go slow and use a reversed broken tip #11 exacto, it should only take 10 minutes of clean up to fix. I kind of hate sending out kits that need something like that, but figured it would be ok.

I have lots and lots of stuff cast, and will be preparing to send out kits starting next week.

Had kind of a weird week again, my oil tank started to leak a bit in my basement shop, which is my scratchbuilding and mold making part of my shops. Luckily i had tank insurance and they came by today and replaced the tank with no mishaps. The bad part was that i had to dismantle almost everything in my shop to make room for them to swap out the tanks, so lots of chaos. The good news is i can now think about a better lay out while everything is all apart anyway.

thanks
mike

I don't want to get ahead of myself here, but this is my first Salzo or SS X-Wing build. By the looks of the above included pieces I'm guessing we need to buy the tubing for the laser cannons on our own. Is there somewhere that I can find the length and width for cannons?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back