Wanted to know your opinions. Who would win Darth Vader or batman in a battle?

Depends on the situation. If Batman doesn't have any prep time and they just meet, Batmans toast. If he has enough time to come up with a plan, he might be able to win... But since he doesn't kill, I don't see how he'd actually win. Because it's not as though he can just take Vader to Arkham.

But I'm not sure why people think Vader can choke you out from light years away. He's never displayed this ability. When he choked Admiral Ozzel, they were on the same ship. Ozzel was on the bridge, Vader was below in his meditation chamber. If he had that ability he would've simply choked the other pilots in the Death Star trench from the space station and called it a day.

Depends on the situation. If Batman doesn't have any prep time and they just meet, Batmans toast. If he has enough time to come up with a plan, he might be able to win...
and if Vader had time to plan he'd just destroy the Earth with the Death Star.
Thanks a lot, Batman.
But since he doesn't kill, I don't see how he'd actually win. Because it's not as though he can just take Vader to Arkham.
that's the truth.

Then Magneto shows up and takes away Batman's tools, Vader's saber, and crashes the Enterprise D and Star Destroyer with his magnetic powers.

Unless Batman was able to somehow get under the force radar and manage to punch his face mask like Bane?

IWTANQR.png

Vader is slow and lumbering, that's Batman's only advantage. If he can get in close maybe he could disable Vader's suit in some way, but he's got to get past the force and a lightsaber. I think Vader wins, no contest.

Or... the whole of the Rebel Alliance comes and beats the living crap out of Vader. I bet the Jedi could all kill Vader. In fact, I'm not entirely sure why no one killed him earlier. He is like 10x slower than the rest of the Jedi, can't really jump, and has to rely on a small machine to keep on living. I guess he's stronger in the force, but still...

Vader is slow and lumbering, that's Batman's only advantage. If he can get in close maybe he could disable Vader's suit in some way, but he's got to get past the force and a lightsaber. I think Vader wins, no contest.
If it was the Adam West Batman, after he'd won and someone asked how he defeated Vader he'd respond by pulling a gizmo out of his utility belt and saying, "I defeated him with my Bat-Darth-Vader-Iron-Lung-Suit-Deactivator." :lol

And personally I think Vader gave too much time for Bruce. The fight would have ended long before it actually did in my opinion.

I LOVE Batman to death, but just speaking objectively about (basically) a god vs. a man with a lot of fancy tech gear, It's almost arguing man vs. nature. The force cannot be neautralized by any gadget (that I know about). It's far beyond Batman's abilities. The EMP in that VS video was probably the only shot he had at defeating him if vader wasn't expecting that, but Vader is a smart dude and senses stuff.

Now, here's another point I have to make... If someone's got Superman captive..... sorry, I'm not going anywhere near that, hahahah!

If Batman could win against Darth Vader, no one can ever use the excuse "he's just an ordinary man" to defend his status.

Loved the vid! And
I think Bats would have deserved a win. And free Superman and get off that overestimated gadget of mass destruction. At that point, as smart as Vader is, he may have been a little self-centered and vain, just enough to underestimate Batsy. Yes, Batman should have won.

At that point, as smart as Vader is, he may have been a little self-centered and vain, just enough to underestimate Batsy. Yes, Batman should have won.

Because Batman, being ONLY an ordinary human with no super powers would be totally immune to human flaws like being vain and self-centered enough to underestimate his opponents. Batman cannot win this fight.

Well, Han & Chewie came mighty close to killing the Dark Lord of the Sith in the Death Star trench. And plenty of Jedis - Council members at that - got killed by run-of-the-mill Clonetroopers.

Well, Han & Chewie came mighty close to killing the Dark Lord of the Sith in the Death Star trench. And plenty of Jedis - Council members at that - got killed by run-of-the-mill Clonetroopers.
What's your point?

Each council member got killed but each took at least twenty clones with them.

Vader deflected blaster shots and disarmed Han without breaking a sweat.
Anybody can shoot Batman in the face.

Because Batman, being ONLY an ordinary human with no super powers would be totally immune to human flaws like being vain and self-centered enough to underestimate his opponents. Batman cannot win this fight.

You don't know too much about the Bat-Man, do you? ;-)

And storytelling-wise, how this was set up, Vader had to lose. Becauae he's the big baddie. It was Bat's story, letting the antagonist win in the end is a huge "eff the audience and their expectations, just for spectacle!" If it had been another character wihout any heroic background, okay, but setting up the premise by choosing the characters alone establishes rules that I expect a movie to follow.
Batman could have won by escaping and freeing Supes (who must have had a reeeeally bad day to lgwt himswlf captured) no need to kill Vader. Vader switching Bats lifelight off, noz appropriate for such a larger than life character. That short movie deserves an alternate ending.

I would have thought batman would use a clone of himself that fights vader (an looses) while he himself is freeing superman.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back