3D Printed Upgrades for the Salzo Galactica!

Re: 3D printed Bridge for Salzo Galactica

Sorry, everything is ok just very very busy at the moment. Last couple of days got put into hyper-drive so to speak as i have an oil tank that has a small leak and needs a full replacement, which means i spent part of the day on Tuesday waiting for the oil company, part of yesterday and almost all today breaking down my entire scratch building shop, benches and all, so they can come in and replace the tank, not a lot of fun. But i am grateful that i paid for that oil tank insurance!

I will try to catch up on PM's soon and address the kit in the other thread as well.

In short, the BSG kit will be on hold for about 1 month while i do the x wing run and remold a few key parts of the galactica. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly this kit eats up molds, but it's big and has a tremendous level of detail that beats up molds.

It's just a pause, kit is not discontinued.

Feel free to continue to PM and pester me, my PM box is a hectic place sometimes and I do miss messages at times, not trying to ignore anyone so please do not take it personally. I truly appreciate everyone's support and interest here.
thanks
mike

Hello,

these are really fantastic upgrade parts you offer! :cool Is there more in the pipeline? :p

Your parts are on my "to-buy-list" ... when i also get the ooportunity to one of these "Monster-Galacticas"

The problem is that i have emailed him at two different email addresses and have sent him two PM´s via this
forum, but haven´t received any response yet.

I hope everything is ok ...

Hello Mike,

thank you for the speedy answer! Good to hear that everything is ok ... well, almost. :$

Can you please email me about the price of that Behemoth?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany,
Jan

Thanks for the interests in these parts. FZ6 and I don't have anything else planned for Mike's awesome Galactica kit right now. FZ6 is currently working on some really cool stuff for the new Hasbro 28 Falcon toy.

Are there any other parts people would like to see for the Salzo Galactica?

Mike glad to hear sales are still going strong. I have to say, next to your series of X-Wing kits, the 1/2 SS TOS Galactica has got to be one of the industries most iconic garage kits now. Could its popularity one day overtake the mighty X-Wing?????

Last edited:

Received my FZ6 bridge today! Here are some comparison pictures between stock and the new piece.

egonk5.jpg

2134tia.jpg

2ns59va.jpg

abjoe0.jpg

Looks Great, Robiwon for sure good stuff love all your model collection, great modeler you are dam sounds like Yoda LOL Thanks Jim

Very nice Robiwon,

I did not get a chance to do my comparison between the 2 bridges as I have been resting a lot after having a minor heart attack just a couple days ago..

Thank You for sharing the difference between the 2 of them..

Clarence

Clarence, glad your O.K. Rest up and take it easy dude!
I just set the bridge in place on the gatorhead and it looks great! The back is a bit wider than stock. Where as Mike had little groves on the bottom of his bridge, this one does not. You will need to trim back the piping on the gatorhead that runs under the bridge module. No big deal though. This bridge is a little jewel. Can't wait to get the nose!

Clarence, Hope you are doing Ok, like Robiwon said Rest up and take it easy For Sure dude! Prayers up for you my good friend, Feel better. Thanks Jim

Clarence, glad your O.K. Rest up and take it easy dude!
I just set the bridge in place on the gatorhead and it looks great! The back is a bit wider than stock. Where as Mike had little groves on the bottom of his bridge, this one does not. You will need to trim back the piping on the gatorhead that runs under the bridge module. No big deal though. This bridge is a little jewel. Can't wait to get the nose!

Thank You I will most certainly will rest after this happened to me..

Clarence, Hope you are doing Ok, like Robiwon said Rest up and take it easy For Sure dude! Prayers up for you my good friend, Feel better. Thanks Jim

Thanks Jim,

I am doing ok I am getting a lot of rest as that is something I need to do..

Clarence

Darn Rite, Robiwon, Very cool man the nose is super For Sure. This 3d printing is some of the coolest art Ive ever seen. I have seen a bit of this on some channel at one time, I really didn't think about it much cause of what they were making, I didn't think it was something you could apply to model building. I like it alot, Ill do more research on this. Thanks Jim

Very nice Robiwon,

I did not get a chance to do my comparison between the 2 bridges as I have been resting a lot after having a minor heart attack just a couple days ago..

Thank You for sharing the difference between the 2 of them..

Clarence
Glad you are recovering!!!

received the parts, look great, well besides the oversized nose, but thats been taken care of from Tony

Has there been word from Mike which of these newly printed parts (Domes, Bridge, Nose) will eventually find their way into the original kit and which ones need to be ordered separately?

These parts wont be included in the Salzo kit. Mike is working with someone else on a few replacement parts. I know one of them is one of the upper domes. Past that, I'm not sure. Putting these parts in with the Salzo kit is strictly between Mike and FZ6. I have nothing to do with that aspect of the parts.

That would be great to eventually see these parts as standard resin items in Mike's kit though!

Everyone will be getting Martyns dome that he did, back dome. I have another friend that is sending me a handmade front dome that is nicer than what i did, everyone will get that one.

I will maybe talk with FZ6 about a couple of parts, but right now i would say only count on the updated domes along with a couple of other little things for the "free" upgrade coming from me.

Again, just a reminder that the galactica is on hold for any new orders until i get thru the x wing run, or at least caught up on it. I also want to remold a few key parts. The molds are overall in good condition, but i can see a couple that will only yeild another 4-5 kits, so i want to get those new molds before i take any new orders.

thanks
mike

Just received the new nose from Shapeways. Looks really good and is the correct size now.

Oh, and this quote from Tony should make all you Moebius holders happy as well....
"I will start rescaling the Salzo Galactica parts for the Moebius kit, but I don't have a clear schedule. I'm in a big project by now and I need some free time.
So, that's true, I'll resize the parts for the Moebius kit. What's uncertain is when I will do it."

HPIM1937.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back