NeoRutty's Prop Projects - ANH Stunt Stormtrooper Bucket - Pointers requested?

Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects - working with the Luke V2

And because I lack focus... started on this last night.

30350592321_674f400cc3_c.jpg

@BigTurk lead me to the seller of this, AP Stormtrooper bucket...

Originally it was for a Star Wars themed party for everyone to sign, but that fell apart, and now I'm just going to finish is at best I can for display/future wearing.

I read up a bunch on how to put these together, and I think for this one I'm just going for a simple build. Cut it all up as best I can, paint, and pad the interior... maybe put a voice changer in.

I consider this an intro helmet... hopefully I won't get super into it and then next thing I've got 20 of these around, heh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects - I SAID NO HELMETS!

I have an Anovos kit with the preassembled helmet. The helmet needs a bit of touching up because it was hastily cut out and the internal mount isn't up to par. I need to get around to cutting out the kit and putting it together.

And because I lack focus... started on this last night.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/9/8631/30350592321_674f400cc3_c.jpg
@BigTurk lead me to the seller of this, AP Stormtrooper bucket...

Originally it was for a Star Wars themed party for everyone to sign, but that fell apart, and now I'm just going to finish is at best I can for display/future wearing.

I read up a bunch on how to put these together, and I think for this one I'm just going for a simple build. Cut it all up as best I can, paint, and pad the interior... maybe put a voice changer in.

I consider this an intro helmet... hopefully I won't get super into it and then next thing I've got 20 of these around, heh.

well you may not to want to look at this link. nudge,nudge.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/37770-tk-helmet-interior-kit/

once I saw this, I had to get it. Is this an ATA helmet? If so, I'm working on the same. I will be following your progress as mine is still in the box. I just finished my E11 blaster.

I have an Anovos kit with the preassembled helmet. The helmet needs a bit of touching up because it was hastily cut out and the internal mount isn't up to par. I need to get around to cutting out the kit and putting it together.

Pretty crappy they would hastily cut it up... It's a pain, but come on... reputation!

I started this last night thinking it would be quick... now I know I need to get the files out to do it right.

well you may not to want to look at this link. nudge,nudge.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/37770-tk-helmet-interior-kit/

once I saw this, I had to get it. Is this an ATA helmet? If so, I'm working on the same. I will be following your progress as mine is still in the box. I just finished my E11 blaster.

apparently I'm not on that site? I thought I was, but no passwords are working...

What are you linking to?

This helmet is straight ahead Stormtrooper...

So I'm leaving it white as-is (no paint there) and then doing the grey, black and blue, painted parts by hand.

I have stencils coming to make it less of a pain... it came with decals, but I'd rather have paint.

I may also look into bubble lenses rather than the single strip down the line...

As far as what's ACCURATE TO SCREEN... I haven't fallen down that rabbit hole... maybe down the line I'll look more into it... but it's as bad as looking up all the different Luke Sabers - I just didn't want to get to deep into it.

yet

Heh... I told you... once you start down the dark path....

Now that I've got a Vader on the way, I've been eying those damn RS lids... and since the Pound has taken a pummeling with Brexit..... must... resist....

I will take a photo of my kit. its an interior kit designed to look like the master replicas helmet. once I saw it installed I had to get it. I highly recommend joining the fsid if only to build your helmet. there are a bunch of sales threads for little money to help with little parts you may need. builders tips and a great group of people are more than willing to help out. I built my blaster from the site and I will be working on my helmet soon.

I will take a photo of my kit. its an interior kit designed to look like the master replicas helmet. once I saw it installed I had to get it. I highly recommend joining the fsid if only to build your helmet. there are a bunch of sales threads for little money to help with little parts you may need. builders tips and a great group of people are more than willing to help out. I built my blaster from the site and I will be working on my helmet soon.

Cool. yeah send pics.

I think I may be on Dented Helmet... So many sites, who can keep track.

RPF is home base... I barely go on others, but I'll sign up.

- - - Updated - - -

Heh... I told you... once you start down the dark path....

Now that I've got a Vader on the way, I've been eying those damn RS lids... and since the Pound has taken a pummeling with Brexit..... must... resist....

What's an RS lid?

Do I want to know???

Here they are
1476925632069645843821.jpg
This isn't mine but seeing how the link only works for fisd members I will post for reference
Star-Wars-A-New-Hope-Reveal-Storm-Trooper-Helmet-2.jpg

The full kit is 85.

The picture shown is just a reference and the kit doesn't have padding or the detail shown around the eyes.

It does have the ears, side tubes and other parts shown in my photo

The full kit is 85.

The picture shown is just a reference and the kit doesn't have padding or the detail shown around the eyes.

It does have the ears, side tubes and other parts shown in my photo

Yeah just signed up... dangerous.

What are you using for padding in yours? I was going to hit an army surplus place and pick up helmet pads... it's like a set of 6 or 8...

But I have a huge head, and not sure it will be too packed in then. I'll wait until it's all together to see how much room for padding, but always good to see/hear what others have done.

I haven't gotten that far yet but I have been looking at padding sets on ebay. They come in pieces so I was planning on starting with the crown and filling in till its a nice fit. I'm on the big side as well, 6'3 220 so I understand our issues with comfort and fitting. I may just start mine now so we can see each others progress. The fisd is a great tool. I just finished my blaster and you can see it on my scatter build thread

Yeah I have a pile of helmet projects to work on and the Rogue One lids look like they will be added to the pile. I think the cool part is they can be displayed or worn. I'm definiteyl no where close to worrying about the inside being accurate though.

Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects - Pretty decent Flea Market Find!

So I started getting ready for my innevitable move, and tried organizing the boxes of parts I have scattered around my place. Some boxes I haven't opened since I packed to move into my current place a year ago, and others I just filled and put in the closet unlabeled.

So it's fun going through these boxes and remembering spare parts you had from buys and trades that you just tossed into a shoe box thinking "eh... I could try using this on a custom build or something"...

Anyway, getting to the point....

After I got through the 5th shoebox of parts I realized I actually had all the parts, minus a clamp, for this:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5132/30058838936_fa52d10493_c.jpg

https://c7.staticflickr.com/9/8113/30058839326_3f419b0c78_c.jpg

Hilarious. I swear if someone asked if I had any spare Obi parts I'd have said "Well I know I have a grenade I blue'd... but I think that's it.

So what to do with this?

I think I'm going to order a clamp, wire up Spirit of Obiwan's crystal chamber, and weather the crap out of this.

Eventually I'd like to talk @scottjua into accepting a commission for a full efx and chamber version, but for now this will do. I can't be buying more sabers until I've finished building the current collection.

I mean if I have all the parts for an obi around without knowing it, then I clearly have too many projects on the go already.
How much? Got a big fat check in so if it is under 300 I can bite.

How much? Got a big fat check in so if it is under 300 I can bite.

How much what? a ScottJua commission? A LOT. Worth it if you actually had the cash, and maybe I will one day, but one day WAY down the line.

How much what? a ScottJua commission? A LOT. Worth it if you actually had the cash, and maybe I will one day, but one day WAY down the line.

The crystal reveal ob1 displayed there. I have a crystal to put in.

The crystal reveal ob1 displayed there. I have a crystal to put in.

Ah... nah I'm keeping it to finish... it will be my first attempt at "sound" and efx...

But there's a thread in the junkyard for the reveal part... and then Roman has the saber...

in all it will likely run closer to 500 USD though

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't gotten that far yet but I have been looking at padding sets on ebay. They come in pieces so I was planning on starting with the crown and filling in till its a nice fit. I'm on the big side as well, 6'3 220 so I understand our issues with comfort and fitting. I may just start mine now so we can see each others progress. The fisd is a great tool. I just finished my blaster and you can see it on my scatter build thread

Yeah do it!

I'll be posting progress though it's covered on other sites, just for the heck of it.

I didn't bother taking pics of what I did last night... cuz it was just more cutting and filing.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back