Star Wars Costumes Book Contest - Enter for a Chance to Win!

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
We are already running one contest, but we can't pass up the chance to run another!

As many of your know, the founder of the RPF, brandon Alinger, has written his first book; Star Wars Costumes which is due to hit shelves October 28!

This book features all new photos, taken at the Skywalker Archives!

Star Wars Costumes by Braon Alinger Cover.jpg

If you want to order your own copy you can do so by clicking here:

Star Wars Costumes by Brandon Alinger

BUT, we are offering you a chance to get a free copy!

Contest Rules and Submissions:

Please read the rules before submitting as not following them may result in your disqualification from the contest!

• You MUST be a registered member of therpf.com! Click this link to register.
  • One entry per person

Entry Submission

There ONE step to entering this contest;

• Post a photo of your favorite Star Wars costume from the original trilogy (ANH, ESB, RotJ) into this thread and tell us why this is your favorite costume! That is it. Pretty easy right?

How are winners determined?

We will accept entries through Oct 9 at 10 PM PST.

On Oct 10, we will randomly draw the name of ONE entrant as our winner.

What are the prizes?

• The randomly drawn winner will receive a free copy of Brandon's book: Star Wars Costumes!

Official Rules

Participation in the Star Wars Costumes Book Contest (the “Contest”) constitutes your agreement to be bound by these Official Rules.

Sponsor: Movie Prop Sites, LLC acting as the RPF

Eligibility: You MUST be a registered member of therpf.com! If you are not a registered member, click this link to register.

Entry: To enter, see Entry Submission section above. There is a limit of ONE entry per member, except as noted above. By submitting an entry, you agree that your entry may be used for promotional purposes.

Contest Period: The Contest begins at the time this message is posted and ends Oct 9th, 2014 at 10:00pm PST.

Prize: See What are the prizes? section above. All federal, state and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.

Notification: The winners will be notified by private message on therpf.com’s forums on or about the date that the Contest results are published to therpf.com (roughly around Nov 20, 2014). If winners do not respond to notification within 15 days, they forfeit their prize.

Intellectual Property: You agree that therpf.com may use the Entry Submission, or any portions or elements of the Entry Submission, as described in these Official Rules without any payment or other obligation whatsoever to you. If you are selected as a Winner, you agree to assign and hereby do assign to therpf.com all of your rights, title and interest in the Submission. You represent and warrant that you are (a) the author/creator of the Submission, (b) that you are the present and sole owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Entry Submission, (c) that it is an original work, (d) that you have the full, exclusive and unconditional right and authorization to submit the Submission, and (f) that no third party has any rights in or to the Submission. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless therpf.com, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns, from and against any and all claims, demands, expenses, losses or liabilities including but not limited to reasonable attorney's fees and punitive damages that may be asserted against or incurred by them at any time in connection with the Submission, or any use thereof, including, without limitation, those arising from any breach, or alleged breach, of the warranties, representations and promises provided by you in these Official Rules.

General Conditions: No purchase necessary. therpf.com is not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) misdirected or delayed mail or e-mail; (ii) telephone, telecommunications, hardware or third party software malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond therpf.com control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted, corrupted or terminated; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of participating in the Contest; or (iv) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. therpf.com reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole discretion, any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the systems required to conduct the Contest or operate the therpf.com web site, or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. All issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participants, shall be determined by therpf.com in its sole discretion. All decisions of therpf.com are final. By participating in the Contest, you also agree to be bound by therpf.com Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Attachments

• Stormtrooper_StarWarsCostumes.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 344
Last edited:
My favorite costume is Boba Fett's armour because despite all the nicks and scratches it still holds up great. This costume really shows the viewers that Boba Fett is not afraid to get down and dirty. The more you look, the more details you notice. I also love the colour scheme. Based on natural colours, butmore saturated and strong.

BobaFett.jpg

kotobukiya_Scout_Trooper_10.jpg
Return Of The Jedi's Scout Trooper

Why? I've never honestly thought it through, but from first seeing the movie (aged 12) these guys looked super tough and cool to me. Stripped down from a full Stormtrooper, they appeared to be more flexible and agile, sported black leathers like a real biker, and were clearly more down n dirty, more "commando" in their demeanor. Then they had a helmet that, while not instantly as "agressive" as a regular Stormtrooper, seemed somehow more frightening... maybe it's the similarity to Edvard Munch's "The Scream", but I remember thinking I'd be frozen to the spot if one of these guys came at me!
And there's the bikes... I mean, sure, it's not the costume, but talk about rounding off a great look! :cool

Obi-Wan Kenobi.

28433995868352-vi.png

This such a classic, iconic costume that set the standard for Jedi in the Star Wars universe. Every Jedi costume in every movie is based on the original Ben Kenobi costume.

Obi-Wan Kenobi as he appeared in Star Wars is my favorite character in all of the movies and my favorite costume. Alec Guinness created such an amazing character and it's impossible to seperate him from his Jedi robes. This costume was my first Cosplay and still my all time favorite.

Right- I'll go with Han from ESB- still has the tight pants, blood stripes, riding boots and wester/sci-fi gunbelt, but I think I like the look slightly better with the light jacket:

Gotta go with Sandtrooper...

15243292588_77eaa64045_c.jpg

It's definitely on my list of MUST HAVES one day... and while most any Stormtrooper costume would be great, Sandtrooper would be ideal. I guess it's because I haven't seen a lot of them in person...

Luke Hoth outfit in ESB
hothluke.jpg

Maybe it has something to do with living in the icy North? lol
Still slowly working on making myself a better outfit to wear with my Taun Taun.

Boushh_The_Bounty_Hunter.jpgMy favorite costume is Leia's Boussh disguise. It evokes the whole romance of the desert nomad with the mask and robes, with an aggressive canine snout and that inscrutable eye-slit...you just know this little bounty hunter's a scrappy bugger. The detailing is awesome. The textures and colors are appealing, and not overdone. I love it.

leiahoth esb.jpg
Hoth Leia! I love this costume because she wears it in my favorite episode ever! Also it suits her figure well while giving protection as best it can in the cold climate, while of course offering the best camouflage for the area. Lastly, though her hair-muffs are what you think of when you think of Princess Leia, she was more than happy not to have to keep those on, and this braid suits the outfit well keeping her hair out of her way.

I fell in love with the Scout Trooper costume in ROTJ.

It wasn't like the typical Stormtrooper armor nor even a similarity to it. It was a new breed of Imperial Stormtrooper.

One more reason why I joined the 501st and my first costume was the TB...
1917992_108228862100_4348924_n.jpg

Last edited:
Bossk. Cool looking Reptoid wearing an old Doctor Who costume (another favorite show of mine, though I've loved this one even before I learned that factoid)
images.jpg

Imperial Gunner:

Cold, cruel, calculating and off to have a beer at the gunnery bay level cantina before the dust begins to settle where Alderran once was.

Also, that's me on the left.

:D

Last edited:
Mon Mothma: Her elegant headpiece and the flow of her dress/robe...thing is really rather inspired. I like seeing some elegance among the rabble :)

Mon-mothma.jpg
7445W-1000x1000.jpg

There are so many costumes I love in the original trilogy! I picked the costume Leia wears on Bespin. It looks comfortable and it has pants, which are way more practical than a dress or skirt. Also, capes & cloaks are fun and I like the design on this one!

LeiaBespin.jpg

Can't believe I'm the first one to do it, but for me it's always been Vader. The most iconic villain costume in movie history as far as I'm concerned. :cool

calendar_vader01.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back