Value of an MR ANH Vader Lightsaber

Sargon

I want to start by saying that I hope this is the right place to post this. If not, please feel free to move it and accept my apologies!

So, I'm thinking about either auctioning or otherwise selling this piece from my collection to help fund a different Vader-related item but the problem is that I really don't know what the worth of this is. It's in mint condition, non-smoking and pet free home.

Any ideas?

Ah, sorry about that..knew I forgot something! :D It is an LE and here are a few pics.

Picture018.jpgnew2.jpgPicture012.jpgPicture016.jpg

Attachments

• Picture015.jpg
    Picture015.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 106
I have sold a couple of these and I think they have the lowest value of all the MR sabers, since they produced so many of them. In general value between $160-$200. I tried to sell mine at $200 forever before it finally sold. Granted the spending cash goes up and down, so you might get lucky. I'd personally stick it at $250 and see how the interest is.

I tend to agree with dday in that these are one of the lower valued items due to the huge volumes of them out there; in that respect quite similar to all those different clonetrooper helmets they did. Not to say it isn't a nice replica - I have one myself but I would think $250 is about the money.

Ah a LE-Version...I would look what the prices on ebay are.Then I would set it in with a "proposed price"...and the one that wants to give you the highest proposed price is your buyer!So if you set it in for 500$ you can become 400$.But if you set it in with 200$ for "buy it now"..you have no chance to get more!;)

I have not seen one of this lightabers on ebay now.Only a ROTJ for 5000$.So I would say your chances are good now.Start with a high price.I would say 700$ and see what happen.;)

Ah a LE-Version...I would look what the prices on ebay are.Then I would set it in with a "proposed price"...and the one that wants to give you the highest proposed price is your buyer!So if you set it in for 500$ you can become 400$.But if you set it in with 200$ for "buy it now"..you have no chance to get more!;)

I have not seen one of this lightabers on ebay now.Only a ROTJ for 5000$.So I would say your chances are good now.Start with a high price.I would say 700$ and see what happen.;)

Kroenen77 is absolutely right. Higher is better to start. You might get a crazy person to buy it.

Here's what I do when I sell props, it took me a few trials to get it working, but now I do this every time and it always results in a sale that is always more than any other comparable prop.

1. Find comparable items to get a sense of the value people are already paying.2
2. Post 12 detailed photos. Make sure your photos are very good quality. I have no photo experience, but I take all photos outside at lunchtime in full sun. The results are excellent.
3. List your prop at much more than you want for it. This creates interest.
4. If it doesn't sell, relist for a shorter time frame and drop the price. The new price should still be more than any other.
5. Add 'make an offer' to the listing.
6. Include free postage.
7. (Optional) If you're up against many other competitors, then you have to add something the others don't have. I add things like a photo of the transport packaging, decals, small signage, history etc,...anything that will distinguish your offer from others.

In short, very good quality photos, well written sales info, free postage, initial high price and then a drop and make an offer are the keys to getting what you want.

Most props (and everything) don't see because of bad and/or few photos, bad copy and a price that doesn't reflect why someone should pay a little more or a lot more for your prop.

This is based on what I know works for me and almost always results in success and a higher price.

Good Luck!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back