Burn's Ewok Build

burn

I always wanted to make an Ewok, and seeing loads of posts here on rpf , ive decided to give it a go.
Mask is designed to we worn by my 3,5yo,

[firstly -> play this while watching the thread ;P, it helps hehe]
http://vimeo.com/4052500

I've got the mask from Rebel Legion member (Lonewolf )
01_zpsfc70422b.jpg

I've used acrylic ball halves for the eyes
02_zpsa481c1f5.jpg

03_zpsd768d45c.jpg

Fur arrived! It might not be enough for the whole suit, but i will make a head first
05_zpsd4f9eef8.jpg

04_zps8237ca56.jpg

I filled the eye area with the air drying clay (although now i wouldn't do that again, firstly i would add fur to empty eye sockets and then fit the eye
06_zpsc1f201bf.jpg

I had many problems with finding out the way to darken the eyes without losing the visibility. Tried darkening car foil (heat up and then pull over - didnt work , might not heat it strong enough, lack of heat gun), then i used car window tint spray, but it also totally blocked the view).
Ended up with Sharpie permanent marker cross pattern which came out ok , i think.

07_zpse0457eae.jpg

The back of the mask is a cheap kids knight helmet. Removed the front and cut down to size.While i cannot wear this ewok head, it sits nicely on my sons head.

Had ups and downs with this build as I've never done anything similar, It was such a pain to add the fur to the mask (cutting, aligning etc) but i did it. Most of the imperfections will be hidden under the hood, so wasn't too worry about it
08_zps1c86b085.jpg

15_zps6d6ea32e.jpg

Here is almost finish mask (photo with a flash to show details)
Front
09_zps02300a74.jpg

Back
09a_zps1ace1ce6.jpg

Left
10_zps65f4eeaf.jpg

Right
11_zps840d85c6.jpg

Need to work on the hood now. Here i used it just to show how it will look like roughly
12_zpsec664826.jpg

Here is the mask with a little bit of fur styling (Looks much better !!! )
13_zps687780dd.jpg

Again, latest photo with flash to show details better
14_zpsf4a82006.jpg

I will update the thread once i progress with it, but pretty satisfied with it so far

cheers
Pete

Yub Nub! Looks pretty cool, nice work! And, if you and your son prefer, will make a nice display piece after Halloween as well. Thanks for sharing

A thread with it's own acoustical accompaniment. I like it! :cool
As for the build, nicely done. Not only will your son have a great custom, subsequently it'll make for a nice exhibit.

Ive got some feathers for the hood and decoration, suedette fabric (maybe for bag), some suede cord for the hood and details.

3860A48D-A139-4DAF-A900-2380F81D833F_zpscbbjuo6i.jpg

Ive also ordered some RECYCLED REAL LEATHER HIDE which i will use for the hood itself.

61ab3dcc-4a11-4a62-a91b-1997b8612da6_zps674c5cde.jpg

This is fantastic. I am about to start on a costume for my son. Can you please tell me where you got the clear plastic domes for the eyes? I'm having a little trouble with that.

This is fantastic. I am about to start on a costume for my son. Can you please tell me where you got the clear plastic domes for the eyes? I'm having a little trouble with that.

Have a search for acrylic baubles - they come in all sizes and are usually as two interlocking hemispheres.

All these Ewok builds are really inspiring me - I think I'm gonna have to add one to my to-do list....

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back