Doctor Who opinions

It is terrible

J

My friend, we have just witnesses a moment in history. This marks the day Moffat robbed all Doctor Who fans of the will to live (and fortunately to watch what he has done to the rest of the series). Truly, truly the worst episode in a plethora of duff monstrosities.

I used to think Matt Smith's run as the Doctor was hit and miss, but at least then every other episode was good.

The time when I used to look forward all week to a new episode has long since past.

I used to think Matt Smith's run as the Doctor was hit and miss, but at least then every other episode was good.

The time when I used to look forward all week to a new episode has long since past.

Same here. I used to hope the episodes would be good, now I know they'll all be bad, it's only a matter of how terrible they'll be.

I think it is much better than Matt smith, I thought the vast majority of his episodes were bad, I think capaldi is mostly good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched some old school Doctor Who today. Tom Baker and John Pertwee. This is what Capaldi is playing. He's playing a very old school "first 4" style Doctor Who.

It's also how Moffat is writing the show. Grumpy old mad scientist Doctor Who. Maybe I like it because I'm kind of a grumpy old man myself. :)

I have no doubt they will get back to a younger more adventure based style after Capaldi is gone, probably with a female Doctor.

I enjoyed yesterdays episode. Victorian highwaymen, a fire breathing Lion from space. The consequences of being a bitter immortal, and the repercussions of creating an immortal. I thought that was some good stuff.

Giving Maisie William's character another episode to show the other side of being saved was interesting. It's not always a happy ending and things can go very wrong even when you save a life.

I like the guitar, but that's because it reminds me of my late brother Tom. I used to spend hours when I was a kid, 9 or 10, listening to him practice guitar, learning new songs, writing songs. It was a lot of fun for me. He was a Gibson man though. But every time I hear a guitar plugged into an amp, I think of Tom.

Oh yeah, paving the way for Captain Jack to return maybe?

I wouldn't say grumpy old scientist.

More like that grumpy old shut in who also happens to be your uncle.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Is Arya the big bad of the season? Could be interesting to be someone that the Doctor essentially created.
Assuming you mean Ashildr (Maisie Williams), it's either that or Moffat will drag her out and put her in a story every once in a while and then forget all about her with no resolution or explanation for why she disappeared. :rolleyes

I guess I didn't see the same version of Dr Who as most of you as I've liked the new season so far. As I've mentioned before in at least one of my posts, if you go back through some of the Dr Who threads from when the show first re-booted you are going to see a lot of the same complaints about RTD, he only become a saint in some peoples minds after Moffett took over.

No, RTD was crap for entirely different reasons than Moffat is. RTD tried to sexualize the Doctor, but when he wasn't trying to get him in bed with his companions, he had some really fun episodes and decent writing, mostly because he didn't do much of it. Moffat is a mindless fanboy who thinks that everything he does is gold when, in fact, it's garbage.

I wouldn't go that far. Moffat when he's constrained is quite good. When he faces limitations on his ability to tell the story, he operates much better. But he's rather self-impressed, and it comes through in his writing...as a form of sloppiness.

I mean, look, all things considered, it could be way worse. We are, at least, not in the John Nathan-Turner era, for which we should give thanks. And we've got better budgets than the Andrew Cartmel era, so stories can be more effectively realized. But let's be clear: Moffat has some real flaws in his writing. They don't show up all the time, but there's a tendency towards both overreaching grandeur and a slapdash execution of storytelling that results in stories that feel very active, and hit certain superficial high notes, but which are lacking in substance or internal consistency sometimes.

This 2 part story arc could have been so much better. The Doctor creates an immortal, the immortal has to live with the consequences of being immortal and they actress that they had could have delivered if only there would have been a better vehicle to deliver it in. I only hope for 2 things. First that they revisit this and give them both some meat to sink their respective acting chops. Secondly I hope that they are not trying to set her up as some sort of "second master".

I think what bugs me is that Clara shuld have gone when they said she was going to go.
This episode was trying to be Highlander without a good story....it was trying too hard.

I rather enjoyed this last episode, for the most part at least. I liked Masie William's character and I'm hoping they're setting her up as a future companion. Of course, she's still on GoT for the forseeable future and the biggest problem with her as a companion is her age, she's at the age where she's still got a good bit of growing to do so that puts a limit on how long she could be on since her character doesn't age.

I really hope that we get to see Maisie at different points of her "life"

Considering that it will go chronologically, she will probably go through some extreme character moments

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

For this weeks episode are they somehow resurrecting Osgood or are they hoping we forgot that Missy\The Master vaporized her? I'll find out in half an hour.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back