Kurtyboy's project updates: 24 July - More blasters

Re: Project updates 4 May - Rebel Endor A280 blaster (Propstore version)

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

I always use automotive spray paint from Halfords as much as possible and only resort to other kinds if I can't find the color/finish I want. For all RotJ blasters I use matt/flat black but for ANH/ESB I use satin black. Also, a good wet sanding up to about 800 grit and also wet sanding the primer before paint works wonders.

Last edited:
Re: Project updates 4 May - Rebel Endor A280 blaster (Propstore version)

Upgrading my Vader belt. It's the ESB stunt belt and it's all original parts where applicable. Still need to cut the amplifier buttonss down in height, get a saber hook and figure out the electronics. Battery pack will be attached to the back of the belt

I went with the stunt style because I haven't been able to find an original vintage belt in the hero width.
vaderbelt1.jpg

vaderbelt2.jpg

vaderbelt3.jpg

I do have a hero width belt but it's a reproduction which is not what I want :(
vaderbelt4.jpg

Re: Project updates 6 May - Vader ESB belt WIP using original parts.

The speed in which you are finishing all those projects is stunning.

I love and hate you for this :lol

Markus

Re: Project updates 6 May - Vader ESB belt WIP using original parts.

Thanks Markus.

Sidetracked at the moment decorating the new movie room. I hate painting.

Project updates 14 Jun - Accurate carbonite on/off switch & shoulder surgery for Luke

Something I've been meaning to do for some time now and finally got round to it. Addition of a screen accurate on/off switch for the carbonite block hero panel. Haven't wired it up yet but it will act as the on/off switch to all the electronics in the hero and 2nd panels. Thanks to Darth Chromer for some parts and Lonestar for the photos of the original.

panels49.jpg

panels50.jpg

Pressing the brass cheese head screw basically pushes a hidden switch.
panels51.jpg

Now that I have a bit more space at home I have started to re-assemble some of my lifesize figures. Luke's shoulders were way too wide and too 'squared' so I chopped a bit off and re-attached them with fiberglass at a slightly different angle.

How they looked originally.
luke1.jpg

Left shoulder done, right shoulder taped in place until the fiberglass sets.
luke2.jpg

Big improvement. I still have to finish his new belt and he'll be done.
luke3.jpg

Re: Project updates 14 Jun - Accurate carbonite on/off switch & shoulder surgery for

Good find and installation of the power switch, a fine detail there.

Re: Project updates 14 Jun - Accurate carbonite on/off switch & shoulder surgery for

Yea I'll second that, pretty cool mock up of that power switch. Those ideas always elude me

Project updates 20 Jun - New Fett mannequin, Luke droid caller & blasters update

My Fett mannequin didn't work out. Once fully dressed it looked like Boba Fett on Steroids. Way too tall and way too wide/bulky. So I'm switching to this slimmer mannequin (and to a smaller sized Clothears flak vest). I will reduce the height by a few inches and modify the arms and legs to a more fitting pose.

fettmannequin2.jpg

fettmannequin3.jpg

Started on the arms:
fettmannequin4.jpg

Got another ANH d-ring from Roy to complete Luke's droid caller. D-ring goes through the plastic bulb cover and not the Kobold bracket (thanks Lonepigeon!).
lukedroidcaller1.jpg

lukedroidcaller2.jpg

And got another part for my ESB Hoth and IG88 blasters. The rear 'scope'.
hotha28015.jpg

ig8814.jpg

hotha28019.jpg

Top: Replica. Bottom: Original.
hotha28014.jpg

More original parts for my Greedo blaster.
greedo6.jpg

greedo7.jpg

I don't think I'll be using the sweep arm part because I don't know how I'm going to get it into the barrel. OD of the part is just under 13mm but ID of the barrel is only 10mm. I can't even get the brass tube out of the barrel (it just spins) and don't know how/don't want to take the whole thing apart. I would have to reduce the barrel wall thickness to about 2mm and I know I'll make a mess of it!
greedo8.jpg

Re: Project updates 20 Jun - New Fett mannequin, Luke droid caller & blasters update

Looks great Markus!

Re: Project updates 20 Jun - New Fett mannequin, Luke droid caller & blasters update

IG88 blaster before final coat of black and weathering. Got two V8 greeblies to glue on the butt stock too (and attach the hand grips).
ig8816.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Project updates 21 June - More Boba Fett surgery

It's looking good, kurtyboy. Damn, that's a lot of work!

Re: Project updates 21 June - More Boba Fett surgery

I really really really like what I see :cool

Expecting a package from Simon myself and YOU should expect a small package from ME within the next days my friend ;)

Markus

Project updates 30 June - Return of The Skywalker

Quick update on a few things before bed! C3P0 is finally (well almost) complete. Still missing the bicep details but nobody is offering them machined. The two details in place at the moment are temporary. I had to get the back of the head re-metalized (twice) as I dropped it and had to strip it and make repairs.

Avoid a company called Dual Metalizing in the UK - a bunch of cowboys!

Luke ANH belt nearly complete. Talk about real parts overload! Really just the buckle to be painted/weathered. I tried aluminium black but didn't like the look of it.
lukebelt6.jpg

"Master Luke, where has R2 got to?"
lukeand3p01.jpg

"How the **** should I know, Goldenrod!"
lukeand3p02.jpg

Bzzzzzzzzt!!!!!
luke4.jpg

Re: Project updates 30 June - Return of the Skywalker

Wow, that Luke is awesome! Nice work. May I ask where the head sculpt is from?

Re: Project updates 30 June - Return of the Skywalker

3PO is very very impressive! Well, Luke is too. Awe and envy.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back