Kurtyboy's project updates: 24 July - More blasters

Re: Working on some more props: 29 Oct - More saber stuff

Damn... Really like the activator box for the holiday saber...

Kinda want to make ANOTHER with that design...heh.

And indeed that Praco looks like my own version ... just with an 'emitter shroud' attached already ... mine came without so I need to use one of my Bolsey 2 emitter shrouds, once I start to finish it :wacko

Chaim

Yea I'll second that activation box design - pretty freaking cool.

and that "hand saber" - Good lord you're right. It's like the back half is a separate and smaller tube

Re: Working on some more props: 31 Oct - Yoda saber upgrades etc.

Thanks to Seven got another two Exactra screws (and just bought another Exactra for the last two, although I'll still need another six for the other saber!)
degobahsaber5.jpg

Holiday Special control box stripped of paint and done in satin black again. Will mask off for the silver highlights and hopefully it goes better with the proper fine detail masking tape. Also got the new belt clip attachment.
holidaysaber18.jpg

More work on the Yoda saber. The midband needed a bit of work, some holes needed filling in and some details added.
yodasaber12.jpg

yodasaber7.jpg

Square slot and missing 'rivet' added (actually a 5mm earth magnet and 7mm washer).
yodasaber8.jpg

This screw was originally slotted so I replaced it with a cross head of same size.
yodasaber9.jpg

Knurled thumbscrew was glued on so I added a threaded rod.
yodasaber10.jpg

Excellent progress ... clever propmaker's move on that yoda side 'rivet' ... I might copy that ;) for when I can't succeed in removing the same part from my Bolsey 2 ... seems those Bolsey's are made to last for ever ... or I'm in need of dremel really bad :wacko ... looking forward to your progress. Love those Exactra screws on that G R A F LE X :)

Chaim

yeah the "rivet" looks really good. Will have to keep that in mind if I end up with a praco down the line.

Need me a praco.

You got those exactra screws pretty fast. I've been looking for the last two I need, but am coming up empty. Apparently WTB in junkyard isn't much help.

Okay ... that looks absolutely fantastic ... and I always wondered how Yoda's lightsaber was attached to his belt without a D-ring or Covertec clip ;)

Chaim

Cheers.

Anyone want to try and scale the length of the Holiday Special saber? I get different results from each picture. This could be because each is taken from a slightly different angle (perspective) as well as the poor quality of the pics!

hslength1.jpg

hslength2.jpg

hslength3.jpg

Re: Working on some more props: 31 Oct - Help with Holiday Special saber length

The more I look at all the HS pics the more I'm seeing that the grips are noticeably shorter than they are on the ANH Graflexes.
hsgrips.jpg

I should have been clearer, I think the whole saber is shorter than the regular ones.

Anyone care to comment?

I got the same thing when I was looking into it. I think I finally just cut it at the inner threading at the back, since that made it pretty close to Graflex length, and went with that. Every part of that saber seemed to have multiple outcomes based on the crappy reference pics. I just figured do what looks best with the collection, that still looks like it's somewhat close to the reference.

Well I'm convinced that this saber is stubbier than the other ones!
hs.jpg

A little work on my Fett ESB blaster as it's being lying in bits for a few years. I was sick of the molex plugs forever falling off so I finally attached them with metal pins.
fettblaster1.jpg

Finally found a Webley scope that is identical to the traditional ASI. Swapping the scope rings over...
fettblaster8.jpg

Aircraft clamp for the rear clamp. I filed off the cast in resin clamp from Sidewinder's resin part (which was cast from my clamp). Those of you who own these Sidewinder parts have a bit of me in your blaster... I also blueprinted the mounts the scope attaches to :)
fettlaster2.jpg

fettblaster3.jpg

My other real MPP...
fettblaster4.jpg

fettblaster5.jpg

fettblaster6.jpg

fettblaster7.jpg

Re: Working on some more props: 3 Nov: Fett ESB blaster

That is absolutely awesome!!!

Even if I said it several times in the past, I keep on saying it OVER and OVER AGAIN:

YOU Marcus are the KING OF ACCURACY.

While I like to idealise my props to a certain degree and often make compromises to get a prop "displayable", you -with your eye for details- are striving to replicate every single feature of a prop. My hat´s off to you Marcus....YOU are the real blaster master :cool

With the pace you´re finishing stuff, you will run out of projects very soon ;)
Like I already wrote you, the Hoth shroud is sitting in silicone already. Ran out of MoldStar and had to place a new -giant- order...hopefully the new stuff arrives in time and the fresh silicone sticks to the already poured material.

In addition to that I ordered all material used to creat the molds of the Schermuly!!!
So with a bit of luck, you should have another project on your workbench soon.

Keep the pics coming, Markus :)

Oh man! Was it YOU who outbid me for that webley scope? Luckily I found another, but I'm missing the windage knob caps. Dangit.

Man, I've got the Webley and scope, and now have to hunt the rest. Any extra parts you don't need???? Yours looks brilliant!

Markus, thank you.

Scott, contact Sidewinder for the barrel clamps and mounts. Not sure who still does the stock details but my split plugs are real and the square detail was from Stormrider at TDH. I waited for years for one of these Webleys so nobody was going to take it away from me LOL!

Working on another Endor A280. I already built very accurate replicas of the 'Parts of Star Wars' version and the one seen in the Visual Dictionary using mostly original parts.
endora2801.jpg

endora2802.jpg

But since I have quite a few spare Endor parts I decided to build the 'Prop Store' version.
endora2803.jpg

This one will not be 100% accurate as the original was built on an MGC replica but I already used my MGC for the VD version. I'll be using a standard resin M16 receiver for this one plus a mixture of original and resin cast parts although some of these parts have been cast from a screen used blaster.

endora2804.jpg

This is the barrel from the MGC which was not used on the VD version but is actually used on this one. Bonus!
endora2805.jpg

Resin pump grip from my 'blaster brother' Markus!
endora2806.jpg

endora2807.jpg

endora2808.jpg

Parts unique to this version (and thanks to Lichtbringer for machining the 'pisons' to my specs)
endora28010.jpg

endora28011.jpg

endora2809.jpg

Just waiting for some aluminium tubing to arrive so I can get the main bulk assembled, plus a few missing parts coming from Matsuo. For some reason I really enjoy building this blaster and have also started on the ESB version.

Last edited:
Re: Working on some more props: 6 Nov: Another Endor A280 in the works

WOW...THIS is a blaster I don´t have, so you officially outstripped me now ;)

You are aware that only a few parts of the POL rifle are actually screenused?
there´s a picture with grey/ highlighted areas where you can see what´s added later and what parts are original.

Have enough spare parts to build this version myself, but not the time :(

BTW:
Hoth shroud molds are done, so are a few of the Schermuly (shoulder stock, scopes, smaller parts) :cool
Trying to finish the rest of the molds within the next 1-2 weeks, then it´s casting time and you´ll be getting your stuff
Markus

Re: Working on some more props: 6 Nov: Another Endor A280 in the works

Yes, only the receiver and barrel tubes are original, the rest seems to have derived from RA screen used castings. But since I had so many of these parts spare I thought I would put them to good use.

Finally casting.... NICE!

WOW...THIS is a blaster I don´t have, so you officially outstripped me now ;)

You are aware that only a few parts of the POL rifle are actually screenused?
there´s a picture with grey/ highlighted areas where you can see what´s added later and what parts are original.

Have enough spare parts to build this version myself, but not the time :(

BTW:
Hoth shroud molds are done, so are a few of the Schermuly (shoulder stock, scopes, smaller parts) :cool
Trying to finish the rest of the molds within the next 1-2 weeks, then it´s casting time and you´ll be getting your stuff
Markus

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back