Kurtyboy's project updates: 24 July - More blasters

Re: Working on some more props: 14 Feb - Naboo CR2 (Calico) blaster completed.

FINALLY!!! Can´t wait for my parts to arrive :)

You really make me wondering, if I should add the sling to my own blaster. At first I was hesitant, but seeing it on your Calico makes me WANT it :lol

Markus

Re: Working on some more props: 14 Feb - Naboo CR2 (Calico) blaster completed.

Thanks guys, I really like this blaster for some reason even if it is stinky PT! Markus, your stuff should be with you in the next few days.

This was the particular variant I was copying.
calico18.jpg

Working on more props: 14 Feb - Naboo CR2 blaster & working Luke ANH stunt saber

I completed this one a few years ago but managed to lose the endcap during a house move and just had another one machined.

This is a complete working replica of the original Luke ANH stunt lightsaber. It utilises a removable square wooden blade with two sides coated in reflective material. There is a motor in the hilt and a bearing at the opening. It kind of works. I don't think the motor is powerful enough and the blade stops spinning if you swing it too hard.

anh%20stunt11.jpg

anh%20stunt9.jpg

anh%20stunt%2010.jpg

anh%20stunt1.jpg

anh%20stunt2.jpg

This shows the blades were removeable and had a metal tube around the bottom end:
anh%20stunt12.jpg

Here you can see the red and white connectors up Luke's sleeve:
anh%20stunt7.jpg

Blade photographed with flash:
anh%20stunt13.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Working on more props: 14 Feb - Naboo CR2 blaster & working Luke ANH stunt saber

I've waited a long time for someone to make something like this.......a real lightsaber using original methods.

I'm in love with you

Re: Working on more props: 14 Feb - Naboo CR2 blaster & working Luke ANH stunt saber

Me too, this has always fascinated me more than static props. Well done! The metal sleeve thing I always wanted to see done

Years ago I made one that worked in a similar method, but your's takes the cake. I should revisit the functioning ANH stunt saber again some day.

Effin awesome. I am speechless. it is such a cool practical effect.

LOVE IT BRO!

what kind of bearing did you use on the stunt saber???

Markus

Wow that looks perfect!

So much better and more authentic than the usual 'glowrods!'

Thanks guys!

Markus, it's a needle bearing OD 35mm if I recall correctly. I have a spare one.

LOVE IT BRO!

what kind of bearing did you use on the stunt saber???

Markus

Re: Working on more props: 22 Feb - Han Solo repairs.

Finally catching up on another project that has been on the back burner for nearly ten years!
Busted mannequin torso.
han%20solo1.jpg

han%20solo2.jpg

JRX Han Solo bust
han%20solo3.jpg

Bust positioned correctly.
han%20solo4.jpg

Patched up with fiberglass.
han%20solo6.jpg

han%20solo7.jpg

Next comes filler, sanding and paint.

Re: Working on more props: 20 Feb - Han Solo repairs.

Very cool! I like the Han sculpt too, who made it?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back