Kurtyboy's project updates: 24 July - More blasters

Re: Project updates 11 June - Leia blasters and Hyperfirm Lewis Gun more mods.

Cheers.

And I just had to get one of these to go with thd9791's resin post-RotJ Vader sabers.
resinsaber2.jpg

resinsaber1.jpg

Last edited:

Awesome updates! Wow. I know hyperfirm is hard to sand/trim/work with as far as mods go.

Side note. The Leia blaster has to be the best piece rubies has ever put out! I wish all their stuff was that close and worth modding!

BTW, why do I not get notifications of replies to this thread (and others) even when I have the subscribe box ticked and notifications instant by email selected?

VERY nice ROtJ luke casting! is that from the rebuilt piece run being cast right now?

Also, do you have any closer photos of that rotj leta blaster? thanks!

Thanks for the link Marcus you messaged me for your panels
holy mother !!! I'm in awe of your work where do you find the time
keep up the good work

BTW, why do I not get notifications of replies to this thread (and others) even when I have the subscribe box ticked and notifications instant by email selected?

That's what subscribe is for? I never knew that. :lol I kept thinking "Why would you subscribe to a thread when you can just check it?"

I love the Leia blasters. Those were never my favorites until I got a deactivated one from OdiWan72. I'm going to have to do the ANH now. I've been keeping an eye out at gun shows to try and find one that I can shoot.

Project updates 25 June - Bapty/Tunisia ANH E11 stunt blaster WIP

Working on an ANH E11 Bapty/Tunisia stunt blaster. Got another deactivated Sterling and cast aluminium grip and receiver section. I had these once many years ago but sold them because there was too much work involved and working solid metal with hand tools is not my thing!

One side of the grip was completely wrong, but some advice from Sidewinder and eight hours later...
bapty1.jpg

bapty2.jpg

bapty3.jpg

bapty4.jpg

The receiver cast was about 15mm too short so I extended it with metal filler mixed with silver sand and silver paint and a coat of zinc aluminium primer. Should look okay once painted/weathered. Top is unmodified, bottom after mods.

bapty5.jpg

You can make out the seam here where I extended it.
bapty6.jpg

Re: Project updates 25 June - Bapty/Tunisia ANH E11 stunt blaster WIP

Very nice! Where did you get the cast parts from?

Last edited:
Re: Project updates 25 June - Bapty/Tunisia ANH E11 stunt blaster WIP

Same place as last time but the molds are wasted so these are a lot worse than the ones I had in 2009.

Project updates 26 June - Bapty/Tunisia ANH E11 stunt blaster WIP

Aluminium cast trigger guard removed and slot cut (with incredible difficulty!) for new one.
bapty7.jpg

The most nervewracking part.
bapty8.jpg

And the cast piece doesn't even fit! Someone needs to have a word with the caster. :facepalm
bapty9.jpg

Project updates 2 July - Jabba's guard blaster and Lewis Gun update

Had this one completed a while ago but never got round to weathering the right side due to lack of reference.
Layout is slightly different on this version but I already had the parts glued down so I left them.

kbjabba9.jpg

kbjabba10.jpg

kbjabba11.jpg

kbjabba12.jpg

kbjabba13.jpg

Lewis Gun update. Gouged out more of the back of the shroud for 3D printed simulated fins. Still a whole bunch of upgrades planned...
lewis39.jpg

lewis40.jpg

lewis41.jpg

lewis42.jpg

Re: Project updates 2 July - Jabba's guard blaster and Lewis Gun update

Did anyone ever figure out what the Jabba blaster scope was? I'm regretting selling mine now, yours looks great!

Only the back part was identified as a radio knob. The rest is scratch built/resin cast.

Wow - beautiful work! Regarding the Jabba blaster - what's your go to for weathering without scratching up the surface?

Sometimes I use masking fluid but it's tricky for very fine details.

e.g.
nostromo8.jpg

But for the Jabba blaster I just scratched the paint away with a small flat screwdriver for the fine details, and sandpaper to to the larger areas.

Wow - beautiful work! Regarding the Jabba blaster - what's your go to for weathering without scratching up the surface?

Project updates 2 July - Jabba's guard blaster/Lewis Gun, ANH/ESB stunt sabers, V2...

Back burner sabers got some attention today.
esbstunts1.jpg

esbstunts2.jpg

lukev2stunts1.jpg

One of these will be TFA which leaves me a spare Graflex! :)
esbstunts3.jpg

Re: Project updates 2 July - Jabba's guard blaster/Lewis Gun, ANH/ESB stunt sabers, V

Waouw, I really like your collection and all the work put into it !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back