My Collection Presentation - Billy Bookshelf System

Kerr Avon

Master Member
I was really inspired and impressed by Adam Savage's setup for his man cave, so on the way back from Dragon Con this year I stopped at Ikea in Atlanta and picked up the Billy Bookshelf system with some glass shelves and they only had one door in stock at the time. I decided to go with white instead of black like Adam's because my office walls are TARDIS blue with white trim. I also cut white foamboard last weekend and put them behind the shelves. I still need to adjust the doors a little to close up some gaps, but I'll work on that through the week until I get them exactly where I want them.

attachment.php

I'm going to make it a winter project to get the strip LEDs installed as well for a little extra illumination as well! I've been working on developing displays as well, last weekend I finished up fabricating a stand for the Raider's idol out of MDF and giving it a stone paint job. I'll add a little bit of moss to it too when I get out to the craft store next.

Attachments

• 2014-09-28-Shelves.jpg
    2014-09-28-Shelves.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 155
Very Nice collection. Too bad theBilly Bookshelf System did not do half doors. So you can open then top half and keep the bottom closed. Again Very Nice!

I don't remember who originally was selling them, but I bought it when someone was wholesaling them so it only cost me about $200. They're official replicas though and pretty well done. I added the tie of course. :)

NIce looking collection. Where did the Dobby come from?

I don't remember who originally was selling them, but I bought it when someone was wholesaling them so it only cost me about $200. They're official replicas though and pretty well done. I added the tie of course. :)

Yeahh the Dobby looks amazing, its costum made ?

I believe he said it is officially licensed released in his post above and not custom ;)

Did some looking, apparently it is a Rubies Dobby but they are no longer being made. They were pretty pricey at $650+. Sorry to derail your thread just wanted to give the heads up to the inquiring minds. Great looking display!!!

That's a great display! Sorry my eyes aren't that great, what's the story behind the skull on the top left?

The skull is a replica of Hrothbert "Bob" of Bainbridge, from the "Dresden Files" TV show. The framed image behind it is the details of how I constructed it, and right next to it is a Bronze award from Wonderfest last year. :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back