Best Disney Movies

Ok guys I was just wondering what everyones favorites were, I'm a new member and only joined yesterday but I already like this community and want to hear from it. My personal favorite Disney movie and favorite movie in general is The Lion King, thoughts? Opinions? Other answers? Feel free to answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I was just wondering what everyones favorites were, I'm a new member and only joined yesterday but I already like this community and want to hear from it. My personal favorite Disney movie and favorite movie in general is The Lion King, thoughts? Opinions? Other answers? Feel free to answer.

I haven't seeb that one, the only Disney marvel movies I've seen are the avengers, the first iron man, and the first captain America

- - - Updated - - -

*seen, sorry about that

Black hole, marry poppins, 20,000 leagues under the sea, bedknobs & broomsticks. I grew up more on their old live action than animated stuff. Not a fan on their newer stuff and haven't seen any of their marvel stuff.

Star Wars (A New Hope)

I'm sorry to point this out, and I don't mean to be rude, but isn't that not a Disney movie? Disney may own the rights to Star Wars now, but they had no involvement with the franchise until its recent purchase of LucasFilms and their production of the latest film. So, Star Wars (A New Hope) wouldn't qualify as a Disney movie (because if it did qualify, then that means that the Spider-Man, X-Men and Fantastic Four films would have to be included as Disney films since Disney owns Marvel, though they had no involvement in the making of them either).

Snow White, jungle book, the fox and the hound and alice in wonderland. - toons

treasure island, Swiss family Robinson, - live action

i know there are a ton, just can't recall most of the old school classic live movies I grew up on

I don't count the marvel / Star Wars stuff as Disney films.

I'm sorry to point this out, and I don't mean to be rude, but isn't that not a Disney movie? Disney may own the rights to Star Wars now, but they had no involvement with the franchise until its recent purchase of LucasFilms and their production of the latest film. So, Star Wars (A New Hope) wouldn't qualify as a Disney movie (because if it did qualify, then that means that the Spider-Man, X-Men and Fantastic Four films would have to be included as Disney films since Disney owns Marvel, though they had no involvement in the making of them either).
OK. Thanks.
Then I choose Empire Strikes Back.

Mine are Aladdin, Snow White, and Song of the South. And the first Pirates, maybe the second one too.

I know you mentioned "animation company", but I've seen more of their live action movies (I think) so I'm including both. In chronological order:

101 Dalmatians (1961)
The Jungle Book (1967)
Blackbeard's Ghost (1968)
The Love Bug (1968)
The Black Hole (1979)
Popeye (1980)
Tron (1982)
Rocketeer (1991)
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
The Lion King (1994)
Tarzan (1999)
Lilo & Stitch (2002)
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
The Incredibles (2004)
Cars (2006)
Wall*E (2008)

I also consider some of the sequels to these movies as favorites, but I thought this list was long enough as it is. And there are some Disney movies I liked but didn't feel the need to see more than once or maybe twice, so I don't consider them as favorites.

You're right. It's just that I havent ever really watched the live action movies, unless the muppets count, which I guess they do. I've seen saving mr. Banks and malificient, but I haven't really seen any of the classics.

...I haven't really seen any of the classics.
I've seen all of Disney's classic animated full-length movies except for Cinderella (1950) and Sleeping Beauty (1959). They're definitely worth seeing at least once, but I can't say I could watch any of them repeatedly with the same amount of enjoyment and/or enthusiasm.

As for the movies on my list, the only one I didn't seen in a theater when it was initially released was 101 Dalmatians. Hell, I predate the advent of color television sets being a common household item. :D I remember Disney movies being a "big thing" when I was growing up in the 60s and 70s, so I saw more of them than I really wanted to; Disney was more "hit" than "miss" with their movies in those days, but sometimes not by much. If you're interested, I'd suggest you start with the obvious favorites such as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, Fantasia, Dumbo, etc., and then ease into the more popular live action movies of those eras such as Treasure Island, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and so on.

I'm always going to go with 20,000 Leagues and Swiss Family Robinson. Two of my most beloved childhood movies.

As for animated ones for me it would probably Pinnochio and 101 Dalmations.

I remember seeing a Snow White rerererelease in the theater when I was a small child in the early seventies and remember the witch scared be pretty badly. I recently watched it again and while I certainly can appreciate it for what it was and what it did, I'll have to say I really didn't care for it too much as an adult. The basic story is about ten minutes long and the rest is just filler, songs and slapstick. I understand this was in the days of vaudeville and all, but the dwarfs antics are borderline Jar Jar to me. The animation is awesome, there is no doubt about that, but other than the stuff with the wicked stepmother/witch I thought it was extremely boring.

Definitly 20,000 Leagues, and Wall-E. I do have a nostalgic fondness for The Black Hole and Tron, but can't in good consciousness call them "great"

Robin Hood (1973) has my vote.

Of all the reams of movies about the legendary outlaw, this is still the best.

2nd is The Jungle Book (1967) and 3rd is Hamle.... err The Lion KIng (1994).

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back