Best Disney Movies

I'll have you know, I find it audacious to assume my favorite animation studio/heartless-conglomerate-monster is Disney when my favorite studio currently working is Studio Ghibli. While Disney owns the distribution rights here for their movies, I refuse to accept that Ghibli is at any form or shape under their thumb.

That said, the movies I do like from Disney are as follows (in no particular order):

Snow White
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Tron/Tron: Legacy
Alice in Wonderland
Pinocchio
Tarzan
Atlantis: The Lost Empire

From what remains of Pixar, this is my list in order:

The Incredibles
Toy Story
Wall-E
1/3 of Up!
Ratatouille

Miyazaki makes some of the best films ever made, animated or otherwise. In fact one of my favorite films of all time is his very first, "The Castle Of Cagliostro"

For the 2D movies:
- Aladdin

3D movies:
- Toy Story series and shorts
- Cars 1
- Finding Nemo
- Tangled (after being subjected to watch it almost everyday by my daughters, I grew to like it)

Seeing as the new live action "Cinderella" movie comes out a month from now with the short "Frozen Fever" coming out with it, I was wondering: What are your opinions on Disney remaking their animated classics with live action substitutes, starting with "Maleficient" from last year I believe, and the shorts that appear before feature length films. In my opinion it's a mistake to remake their films and I like the animated shorts, in fact I liked "Paperman" more than I liked "Wreck It Ralph" and I think I'll like "Frozen Fever" more than "Cinderella", but I'll still watch it regardless. What do you think?

So I just saw "Frozen Fever" and "Cinderella" and I genuinely enjoyed both of them, the former more so than the latter, but I'm more biased to Disney animation, did anyone else see either of them? What did you think?

Oh! You're right I didn't notice that at all haha, I don't really browse around here, I just kinda check up on some forums which interest me.

They're making a "Tangled" TV. Series with the voices of Rapunzel and Flyn Rider reprising their roles! What are your thoughts? It comes out in 2017.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back