Anime Weekend Atlanta 2014

Helpful Nerd

Sr Member
Fellow RPFer KJC mentioned Anime Weekend Atlanta to me on one of my other threads. So I decided to start a thread for the con. A way to share pics, meetup details, and general Con discussion for anyone who is going.

I got my badge and I'll be back to the Waverley on Friday - afternoonish.

I'll be heading there this afternoon with my 12yo daughter. We're coming from Birmingham, so it may be 6:30 or so by the time we get there.

I thought I was going to get up there much sooner. However I had to finish some client work today that took a lot longer than I anticipated.

I am about to jump in the car and head that way if anyone is still around to meet up post here and we'll sort out the details.

By the time we got in, 12yo was desperate to get to "Ask an Anime Character" and I didn't even check the thread. My iPhone hates RPF, by the way, so if any of y'all are around, I'm wearing a black Night's Watch T-shirt and jeans, 12yo is Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club, and you can hit me on twitter @ briangsmith

By the time we got in, 12yo was desperate to get to "Ask an Anime Character" and I didn't even check the thread. My iPhone hates RPF, by the way, so if any of y'all are around, I'm wearing a black Night's Watch T-shirt and jeans, 12yo is Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club, and you can hit me on twitter @ briangsmith

Just got here, making my way in. Keep an eye out.for the Rebel X-Wing Pilot Football player. Says "Porkins" and 6 on the back.

Looking forward to meeting up.

My phone went dead around the time you posted that message, I didn't get it recharged until nearly 8:00 and then we hit the costume contest and then went back to the hotel. We'll be back tomorrow though.

My phone went dead around the time you posted that message, I didn't get it recharged until nearly 8:00 and then we hit the costume contest and then went back to the hotel. We'll be back tomorrow though.

Let's try and meet up today. I am heading back to the Con now. I'll be there shortly.

RPF member KJC will be there too. So there will be a few of us and it will be cool to meet.

I'll post back here when I'm there.

Just saw your post. We are in the main room waiting for closing ceremonies to start. In the middle section on about row 6. There are still empty seats up here.

ShavenYak, sorry we didn't get to meet up. Sounds like your daughter kept you pretty busy.
DarkReign79, Welcome to the forum. I hope you like it. You had a great Deadpool with all the accessories and props.

ShavenYak, sorry we didn't get to meet up. Sounds like your daughter kept you pretty busy.

Yeah, like I said I'm not really big into anime (although I think I'm going to start watching Attack on Titan now), so we went for her to have a good time. Also, my phone was having lots of trouble staying on the internet, and RPF is difficult to navigate on iOS on the best of days. I probably could have come and said hi for a few minutes in the lobby while we were waiting for the Georgia Philharmonic to start their mini-concert, if I had seen that last post before this morning. :facepalm

If DarkReign79 was the Deadpool I saw, yes, great job.

ETA: We pre-registered for next year, and we're coming to DragonCon also, so we can try again. Next September is going to be busy for us.

Yeah, like I said I'm not really big into anime (although I think I'm going to start watching Attack on Titan now), so we went for her to have a good time. Also, my phone was having lots of trouble staying on the internet, and RPF is difficult to navigate on iOS on the best of days. I probably could have come and said hi for a few minutes in the lobby while we were waiting for the Georgia Philharmonic to start their mini-concert, if I had seen that last post before this morning. :facepalm

If DarkReign79 was the Deadpool I saw, yes, great job.

ETA: We pre-registered for next year, and we're coming to DragonCon also, so we can try again. Next September is going to be busy for us.

Considering I don't know much about Anime other than Gundam from when I was younger, or my limited understanding of Attack On Titan, which I'm going to catch up on too, and since I'm a Star Wars guy and Star Wars is my focus for cosplay I had a great time.

Trust me I understand the phone issue. I had horrible signal the whole time and that's why I always got the email from the RPF with you thread updates hours after you posted. :wacko

Since you are going to DragonCon check out this thread:

http://www.therpf.com/f68/dragoncon-2015-a-223568/

My buddy MatrixSpoon started an RPF members meet up for DragonCon this year and started the DragonCon 2015 thread for another meet up for 2015. It's a great thread to follow to share what you are working on for 2015 and to meet other RPF members that will be attending DragonCon 2015.

AWA pics coming soon folks :cool

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back