Sleepy Hollow props

Broilermaker

Sr Member
As I sit here watching the season premier on fox, (I DVR my shows) I was looking at all the major/minor props that could be recreated, and I thought where are they at? I don't have any but if you do maybe you could post them.
Thanking you in advance, Robert

I love that show. I've been thinking about it, but haven't done anything yet. I was thinking about the jar with the Horseman's head. The key from this first one would be cool. I see a lot of potential... just have to make the time.

I'm honestly surprised nobody has tried to make the horseman's axe, glowing edge and all.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

There's a key ? Which episode ? I see Netflix has the season's available. My brother is a fan, if there's some kind of key I could make that for him maybe in time for Christmas.

the key to Purgatory is in the first episode of season 2.

a drawing of the key in Franklins notebook

S2010863.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, I sent my 3D design off to Shapeways. If all goes well, it will arrive before Christmas.

I made a headless horseman jar prop for Halloween last year. It wasn't a replica because I lacked the skill set and materials of doing it in metal, so I used eva foam as the main material.

rpf-sleepy-hollow-headless-horseman-head-jar-prop-halloween-2013.jpg

That looks great, dude! :)

My wife and I have been avid followers of the show since it began, I think it'd be great to add some items from the series to my collection.

Btw, I just wanted to say I love your avatar pic. Loved the "Lost Room" series. Shame they didn't stretch it out a little while longer.

Many Thanks. Yes, the lost room was supposed to go into a TV series, but Syfy was also considering doing "Warehouse 13". They decided to go with it instead of the Lost Room. There are 100 known objects from the lost room so the series was set to go into long term with 1 object an episode.

I just had a good laugh. After making the key, I started watching Sleepy Hollow and finally reached Season 2 Episode 1.
Franklin's key has differences from the sketch including having 3 bands (not 1) below the head.
It is also dull gray instead of the brass key I imagined. It is also quite large for a key... somewhere around 6 inches.
My key was only 4.
I am updating my STL file and am going to print it in steel next time Shapeways offers a discount in steel items.

I decided to make a replica of the small Chakram of Orion. The outside rounded edge is not sharp. I was worried Shapeways might consider it a weapon.;)

This is the one he gave to Abbie to summon him.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back