Wow, that's coming along really well! There are some great ideas here.

One suggestion - can you put air vents in the top of the head somehow? You're probably going to be very warm, and having some ways for air to circulate would be a good idea.
Hey, I know it's been a really long time, but I wanted to give you credit for your suggestion.

I did finally incorporate some air vents in the top of the mask...

https://youtu.be/_XqNoyKOj5Q
I would like to start off by saying that the Replica Prop Forum is amazing! How cool is it to have a forum like this one? Filled with new innovative ideas, great advice, and tremendous resources! Not to mention great people!

I would like to immediately follow up that statement by apologizing for creating ANOTHER Groot thread. I realize that there are quite a few out there already. I just really need a central place where I can share some photos, plans, and questions.

The plan is to finish before Halloween - which will be a challenge.

I am planning to copy some of the methods I see here on the RPF, and work with foam mats, plumbing pipe insulation, and other cheap or found materials. I would ideally like to spend less than $40 altogether.

Disney store my friend in case your interested.
christopher

Attachments

• IMG_9293.JPG
    IMG_9293.JPG
    991.5 KB · Views: 151
Hey everyone, first time posting here by I have been in this thread constantly for the past 4 weeks. Wanted to say thanks for this!! Me and my GF did Rocket Raccoon and Groot this weekend for C2E2 in Chicago and here's the result!

Thanks for this it was a huge help!!

IMG_0747.JPG

On Saturday I walked 1.4 miles in my Groot costume. That's definitely my personal record.

The cause was to help raise money and awareness for Women and Children's Hospital of Buffalo. The hospital is moving 1.4 miles to a new location at the John R. O'Shei Children's Hospital.

Here is a link to a Facebook Live video. If you scroll ahead to around 10:30 you can see me walking in my Groot costume!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10210864286060787&id=1160998217

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Awesome Groot sir! I am gonna be using this to help build a Groot for DragonCon this fall. A group I'm in is doing Pirate themed Marvel characters and I will be Groot. My wife is thinking I should velcro the root foam on, but I see you just used hot glue.

Awesome Groot sir! I am gonna be using this to help build a Groot for DragonCon this fall. A group I'm in is doing Pirate themed Marvel characters and I will be Groot. My wife is thinking I should velcro the root foam on, but I see you just used hot glue.
One suggestion I would make, is that in the back of your knees attach the foam to a small bit of elastic so that it can flex when you stride.

Here's a photo of our group from Saturday. We volunteered at the Strong Museum in Rochester, NY for their Superhero Weekend.1522035447222.jpgFB_IMG_1522035252783.jpgFB_IMG_1522035057892.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hey RPF, long time no see! I just wanted to post this link to a video a just created showing how I don the Groot helmet/head/mask. Hope this is helpful.

hi bud, I've been watching your YouTube video, so handy thanks, I was wondering if there was a no2 video or if you had any photos or vids of how you attached the stilts to the sweat pants at all, as I'm going to start my own groot build

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back