Digimon Frontier Emperorgreymon Complete!......sort of

Hey everybody It's been a very long time since I've made a thread and I wanted to share what I've been working on.

right now I'm 35%-40% done. here's what I have so far. I'm using different sizes of EVA 4-6mm for big parts and using 3mm-1mm foam sheets for details. My goal is to get this done by the new year.

Unfortunately I had a lot of problems with the shins and attaching them to the feet. So I had to combine them together and redo the feet a bit. Also made some stilts.

I had more photos of attaching them together, but I can't seem to find them.

Then I trimmed about half of the shin and added the ring and the manticore.

I really loved how they came out :D. I may need to trim the horn a bit.

Than finally yesterday I finished the thigh

So now I'm working on some rough draft for the waist. So let me know what you guys think so far :).

Last edited:
Re: Digimon Frontier Emperorgreymon W.I.P

Crap! I just realized I posted this under the props instead of costumes. anyone know how to move my thread to the costume side lol?

Re: Digimon Frontier Emperorgreymon W.I.P

So here's a little update working on the codpiece. Made a base template and the top layer

than I attached them together and it's a pretty good fit.

next update I'll post the complete codpiece with all the progress I have so far :).

Re: Digimon Frontier Emperorgreymon W.I.P 9/22 small update codpiece

This is pretty awesome dude! Care to share more pics of your stilts? Could use an idea other than platform shoes for my Omnimon.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

Re: Digimon Frontier Emperorgreymon W.I.P 9/22 small update codpiece

To be honest I'm using buckets as stilts
(After that photo though I changed it to my bottom heel covering the base and the front being completely out. Hope that makes since?)

I would actually prefer wooden stilts, but I really couldn't afford making them.

Re: Digimon Frontier Emperorgreymon WIP 9/24 Codpiece Complete with 50% progress pic

So finished up my codpiece

Heres everything that I have so far about 45%-50% complete

As you can see there needs to be some tweaking with the codpiece and with my workouts I lost a little thigh weight so I need to adjust the thighs as well.

Also wanted to mention something I know there are details missing, but I won't work on those until the whole thing is finished and all problems are solved. Next Up UPPER BODY!!!!

Re: Digimon Frontier Emperorgreymon WIP 10/8 Foreams complete

I started on the forearms and I thought it would be simple, but I was wrong. Either I make the forearms my size and it looks small overall or make it huge making my hands looking like baby hands. I went with the middle

I added some lines for the gold and I stuffed the forearms with camping foam so it stays on.

Than I worked on the griffin and the shield. I started with the base

I bought a small ball and it luckily had 2 plastic ball shapes and I stuffed it with play-doh. I made the decals as well and it looks badass

I made the brow and I went with a different direction with the horns

Heres what I have overall. I didn't want to put it together yet because painting would be difficult and I couldn't reach certain areas. Next up what I've been dreading and excited for the Biceps.

Re: Digimon Frontier Emperorgreymon WIP 10/8 Foreams complete

So next up on the list were the biceps. I was a little bit worried about these, but with a lot of planning it worked out well.

so here it is with pattern and glued

Next I made the Dino frame

than the sides of the face. I had to extend the nose a bit just in case of any errors (just made more work for myself, but better to be safe than sorry)

Now time for some grills. I need to work on my gluing.

Made the horn which I didn't think would work out, but luckily enough it did.

Here's all the bicep parts

Originally I wasn't going to glue the Dinos onto the biceps yet, but I had to be sure what my vision was going to be like when I turn left and right. So just for this instance I glued them on and they like freaking amazing :D

They keep falling off my shoulders so I need to cut a little bit more from the arm and as soon as a I make the chest/back I'll basically attach them just like any other iron man build. In the photo I'm holding them up with my biceps and it takes a while till they get sore.

Re: Digimon Frontier Emperorgreymon WIP 10/21 Biceps complete W/ awesome dino pads!!

So this was probably the most frustrating part I had to work on even when I was sketching designs I knew this was going to be difficult, but some how I managed. Unfortunately my biceps won't work with the chest so I need to change the design of the biceps. So here we go.

I didn't take much pics of the chest, but lets start with this.

Than I made the collar and inner collar. Next I added the shield in the front and trimmed the bottom a bit. Lastly I made the patterns on the shield and the sides of the chest.

Next up I made the back "flame wings" so to speak.

Than the patterns on both wings

That's pretty much it

The chest and biceps won't work as I planned because the chest takes up most of my shoulders and there's no room for my biceps to mount. Also bad decision on my part to glue the Dinos to the biceps so soon.

It doesn't really matter because I need to make different biceps anyway, but I have to make sure I can get one of my Dino without any damage. Next up is my last piece, The Helmet. Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

Re: Digimon Frontier Emperorgreymon WIP 11/27 Chest complete and 90% done

Here's the last part that I needed to do, the helmet! first I started with the upper part of the helmet.

Than the bottom part

Next was the side and the back

Than I used a bowl and my hot gun to make a nice round shape and attached it to the helmet

I didn't like how the nose looked, it was very bird like so I decided to remake it. Than I trimmed the back side and made the jaw.

Made the back cover

Next up the teeth

Lastly the horns.

Here's everything that I have now and its finally time for me to paint :D. I'll show you guys what I have on the 31st, until then have a happy holidays :).

Re: Digimon Frontier Emperorgreymon WIP 12/7 Helmet complete (Time to Paint)

Dude this is gonna look so freekin awesome once finished

Re: Digimon Frontier Emperorgreymon WIP 12/7 Helmet complete (Time to Paint)

Hello everyone and happy new years! Sorry I didn't post everything like I said on the 31st I got a job and it caused me to delay even more, but hey I have a job now I can finish faster and do more cosplays. Anyway let me show you what I have so far.

First I added wood glue w/o water and used a plasti dip white over it

Than I used a engine enamel spray for the orange, but I didn't like it cause it looked like burnt orange to me

I got a different engine enamel this time and it worked out a lot better imo

Than I worked on the back wings, but I had a problem with the wood glue. Every time I taped parts up and took the tape off, some parts would have spots of gray which really bugged me. So after that unfortunate turn out from here on out I decided to just stick with white plast dip.

I added colors to the wings, but wasn't feeling it. So I'm going to use a different gold (which this isn't it in the pic) and moved on to other parts.

Started working on the chest

Than the Dinos

Now for the orb on the griffin shield I tried using the play doh and putting it in the plastic, but when I moved the plastic after 3 days the play doh just popped out. So than I tried adding hot glue inside it, but the hot glue just tore open the plastic. So I finally figured it out. I took the ball it came with, took out the plastic which holds the glow stick inside, got my dremmel and cut the ball in half and than I added hot glue on top of the ball and than added the plastic to it and it worked.

Now the griffin is completed, also for certain gold details I've been using a fine point sharpie to highlight them ex(chest,dino,griffin shield)

Now the codpiece

Than the thighs. Now with the thighs I cut the back of it so that way I have easier access getting into them and what I'm going to do is add velcro on the inside and make a velcro harness on my thighs so that way they would stick

Here's everything that I have now

The legs aren't officially finished because I still need to add the silver ring to it and add teeth. Same thing with the Dino and its "gills".

So here is what I need to do still

1. Add the ring and teeth to the feet

2. Add the gills to the dino

3. Make eyes for my helmet

4. Get done with the back wings

5. Get a black body suit

Than I will be officially done!!!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back