Metal StarWars Episode 7 StormTrooper Helmet

GoldPointProps

hi my name is Robert I am working on a star wars episode 7 storm trooper helmet.im making the helmet from 18 gage sheet metal. Its almost complete just have a few small details to finish. Ill post pictures of the complete build soon A making of video will be uploaded soon on our YouTube prop channel Goldpointprops

storm troop helm 2 (Custom).jpg
storm troop helm 1 (Custom).jpg
storm troop helm 3 (Custom).jpg
storm troop helm 6 (Custom).jpg
storm troop helm 4 (Custom).jpg
storm troop helm 5 (Custom).jpg
this is my first post hopefully I did this right.

Attachments

• storm troop helm 3.jpg
    storm troop helm 3.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 430
Last edited:
The funny thing is that in its raw metallic form looks better than what we've seen so far in the 2 " official" pics available.

Wow...that looks awesome!I love metal helmets...its a more "real feeling" when you have it in hand.Thats why I love my moded Metal Ironmanhelmet from MR so much!;):thumbsup

And damn. Now I know why this helmet at first glance look better than the real thing. The half-front and the front shot look like the helmet has the classic teeth! The teeth are missing from the new helmet, and that is a MAJOR design element that should definitely have been incorporated to break up the streamlined look.

Man, that shiny thing looks fantastic.

here are some pictures of the build.
storm 1.jpg
I used multiple hammers and an English wheel to shape the dome
storm 2.jpg
I then formed the other half of the dome
storm 3.jpg
I welded the 2 half's together to get a complete dome.
storm 4.jpg
then on a new piece of metal I used a bead roller to roll a bead in the shape of the body line on the helmet.
storm 6.jpg
then I trimmed up the bead rolled piece ,.and the dome.
storm 7.jpg
then I welded them together. and the top of the helmet is complete.
storm 8.jpg
then I formed the side pieces. and continued the bead roll onto the sides of the helmet.I welded these together as well.
storm 9.jpg
I did this to both sides.
storm 10.jpg
then I formed the back pieces and welded them on.

Attachments

• storm 5.jpg
    storm 5.jpg
    847.5 KB · Views: 205
Omg its Iron Man! lol it just has the wrong look for stormtrooper, looks almost like a marvel crossover..... Must be the metallic cause over all its a stormtrooper helmet the side view clearly shows this....once finished it`s going to look amazing

- - - Updated - - -

yeah the motorcycle visor with the last minute nose cover doesn't feel right...

here some more pictures of the build
storm 11.jpg
next I formed the piece with the vents in
storm 12.jpg
I welded the vented piece on and formed the mouth piece and welded that on as well.
storm 13.jpg
on the mouth piece I rolled a bead across it
storm 14.jpg
storm 15.jpg
next I made the stepped in piece were the eyes will be cut in .Then I welded it into place
storm 16.jpg

storm 17.jpg
storm 18.jpg
then I formed the nose piece and attached it.
storm 19.jpg
next I cut out the eyes holes
storm 20.jpg
then I cut out were it needed to step in

Last edited:
storm 21.jpg
storm 22.jpg
after that piece was cut out I welded a small piece of metal behind the opening.
storm 23.jpg
I did the previous step for the bigger step in as well.
storm 24.jpg
finally I welded on the lip around the bottom of the helmet

this weekend I am going to paint the helmet. I was going to powder coat it but my powder coating machine is messed up. I am going to use high quality automotive paint to paint it. ill post some pictures once its done.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back