501st Everglades Squad Themed Clone Helmet

tubachris85x

Master Member
Finally finished this helmet. Had a plethora of issues, mostly with the paint, but I'm happy with the final outcome. Glad to be done though..

wUybCQK.jpg

aTGuAIc.jpg

BuaNodS.jpg

ZmEOhfY.jpg

4RGH83R.jpg

4Iw1yFI.jpg

1NByQ6y.jpg

kzw6wYU.jpg

wYouXYN.jpg

Hr4dGXB.jpg

-TC

Really nice detail. Great weathering and neat chipping. I could almost feel all the dings while wearing it. Looks like a great job.

Really nice detail. Great weathering and neat chipping. I could almost feel all the dings while wearing it. Looks like a great job.

Thanks! I have been sorta-experimenting with different weathering styles and this was loosely based off the Dredd movie style (in a sense) of weathering. Coupled with the idea of a "fictional in-universe" logic of how the weathering *would* be, i.e., traversing through swamp/everglades-type terrain.

Thanks guys, I'm glad you all like it :)

As an FYI, the LED in the back was pretty difficult to do despite it being simplistic. It was very nerve-wrecking trying to drill a straight hole through the solid resin without fear of it popping out on the side. The next part, is that the slit is too narrow for a standard LED to fit, so I had to meticulously file two-sides of an LED as flat as possible until I got it. I then used some spare clear plastic, cut and fit it, hand-painted the lines (they're not perfect, but yea. ), backed the plastic w/ the same green tint I used on the visor and then placed a matching piece of light-diffusion plastic behind it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back