1:650 scale Enterprise-C?

Cadeus

Sr Member
Hi, guys. I am curious if there is a 1:650 scale Enterprise-C on the market. If not, I thought about building one... would there be any interest for that? The reason I ask is because, while I am currently working on my 1:6 scale Titan Atlas, my goal afterwards is to build a 1:350 scale Enterprise-C, (a project I had to put on hold last year.) I have had enough time to wonder if I am up for it. I have never scratch-built anything so big, before. And thought it might be good practice for the big girl, if I built her a little sister, first. It would give me an opportunity to resolve any issues I might have with the 350 scale, without costing so much if I goof up. So there it is. Any info, advise, encouragement, ect. you feel like throwing at me would be great. Thanks, in advance, for your comments. This is the best community to belong to when it comes to help and encouragement. :)

Last edited:
Bigger is probably much easier to do, the materials just cost more because of larger surface area.

I like bigger, anyway. That's why the Atlas I am building is 1:6 scale. The bigger the better. It's easier to block and build and the best part is the details. Thanks for the comment.

This is a general observation that is no way meant to be mean-spirited or critical. If anything, I hope that it motivates people (myself included) to build. And before anyone mentions it, I'm well aware that I'm living in a glass house and throwing stones, so feel free to heave them back in my general direction.

There's a tendency on modelling forums for users to post pictures of materials, plans, kits still on the sprues, expensive aftermarket items, and so forth and qualify them with descriptions of grandiose plans to build a 1/6th scale, live-in Death Star with central air and Wi-Fi. And of course nothing ever gets built and the project fizzles before step two is ever reached. Not long after, the same users start new threads about different soon-to-be-stillborn projects. Since these users never get anywhere and nobody pays them any attention beyond the first dozen threads, they migrate to greener pastures and the process repeats itself. It's beautiful, in a way.

So--what's the lesson? It's a pretty simple one, actually.

Don't talk. Build.

And once your project has started to take shape, that's when you start the thread. In other words, don't ask anyone to admire your rockin' bod after one push-up, or expect anyone to say you've got some great kids there when you show off your lukewarm donation to the sperm bank.

- - - Updated - - -

Also--and I wasn't going to say this--but it's whose army. "Who's" is a contraction of "who is." Just FYI.

This is a general observation that is no way meant to be mean-spirited or critical. If anything, I hope that it motivates people (myself included) to build. And before anyone mentions it, I'm well aware that I'm living in a glass house and throwing stones, so feel free to heave them back in my general direction.

There's a tendency on modelling forums for users to post pictures of materials, plans, kits still on the sprues, expensive aftermarket items, and so forth and qualify them with descriptions of grandiose plans to build a 1/6th scale, live-in Death Star with central air and Wi-Fi. And of course nothing ever gets built and the project fizzles before step two is ever reached. Not long after, the same users start new threads about different soon-to-be-stillborn projects. Since these users never get anywhere and nobody pays them any attention beyond the first dozen threads, they migrate to greener pastures and the process repeats itself. It's beautiful, in a way.

Don't talk. Build.

And once your project has started to take shape, that's when you start the thread. In other words, don't ask anyone to admire your rockin' bod after one push-up, or expect anyone to say you've got some great kids there when you show off your lukewarm donation to the sperm bank.

- - - Updated - - -

Also--and I wasn't going to say this--but it's whose army. "Who's" is a contraction of "who is." Just FYI.

Dude, not a good impression. General observation or not, why feel the need to comment at all if its going to take that stance? Do you absolutely feel, that your comment positively contributed to this thread?

Perhaps, you should take your own advice...Don't talk. Build.

The Toscana, and Stargazer aren't going to build themselves.

Don't talk. Build.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, not a good impression. General observation or not, why feel the need to comment at all if its going to take that stance? Do you absolutely feel, that your comment positively contributed to this thread?

Perhaps, you should take your own advice...Don't talk. Build.

The Toscana, and Stargazer aren't going to build themselves.

Stay calm everyone. The Bible says this: Proverbs 24:6 - For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors [there is] safety.

brandonmack is absolutely correct. And he obviously has done his research of me, to feel warranted to offer such advice. A lot of people allow themselves to become overwhelmed with the anticipation of building something and showing it off. I am guilty of this thing. I have several threads started and they are sitting still under the lights, slowly drying out. I have the will, but sometimes lack the way... or the time. And I am absolutely guilty of not finishing what I have started. My wife even complains about this. I am grateful for the advise. It is the council of a concerned friend. And sometimes the advise of a friend may sting a bit, but if a man is not a fool, he will listen to the advise of others and learn what he can from it. There is truth in all things, after-all. Thank-you both for your support and your time. You have my grattitude for your thoughtfulness. And it certainly explains the lack of attention. I guess I have made a reputation for myself here that I need to take action to change. Again, thank-you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have several builds that are half complete. The problem is free time. Between family, my day job, and paying gigs, i'm lucky if i can complete one model in a year. I have the nx refit model i've been working on since 2010, and its still probably going to take me another 4 years before i'm done.

life is busy. We build because we enjoy it. It brings us happiness. Sometimes these threads are good because others keep us accountable by asking..."how is this project going?"

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back