Oblivion Bubble Ship scratch-build

jake88

Sr Member
Just starting this scratch build of my current favorite movie vehicle. I really don't know if this is going to work out but if I get it finished it will measure about 16 inches long. I'm winging it right now so I don't have any firm plans yet as to how I'm going to build. More to come,, I hope
smiley.gif

b1.jpgb2.jpgb3.jpg

Small update. Building is slow. on average I build one section at least five times before it looks good enough to move on.

Attachments

• ob1.jpg
    ob1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 333
  • ob2.jpg
    ob2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 403
some progress is better than nothing... My problem is progress. Slow and steady wins the race, my friend. Keep up the great work! :)

Got some more done on the bubble ship. Used a brass rod to run horizontally through the fuselage and both engines to keep everything "straight" and lined up. Well, gotta get the engines ready so,,...... But its finally starting to look bubble-like. To me at least. Next up is skinning the backbone and adding the engines

.bub2.jpgbub1.jpg
Thanks for looking

jake

What is the sphere you are using? A christmas ornament ball? It looks great!

I imagine putting the interior in will be like building a ship in a bottle.

What is the sphere you are using? A christmas ornament ball? It looks great!

I imagine putting the interior in will be like building a ship in a bottle.

Yes Duncanator they are Christmas tree balls. And yes, The front bubble is a ship in the bottle challenge. Wish me luck I'm going to need it! LOL!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back