I'm a newbie and I need help :-/

Beardman43

Hello everyone I am new to cosplay and prop building and I have plans to cosplay Wolverine and Thanos. Any suggestions on what type of fabric to use? Also I need some advice and/or tips on sewing a pair of gloves.

Fabric for what? What are you trying to sew? Is there a particular costume you need assistance with? Original X men yellow and black? Updated X Men?

Throw us a bone! :)

Haha good points, posted the tread at work. Totally forgot to be more specific on things. I want to do the yellow and black wolverine and I would like to make the entire costume myself. I been looking around at fabric stores but not sure what type of fabric would be best to use.

Lycra might be your best bet, but truthfully, doing a search on the forums to see what others have done may be helpful. Superheroes are not my thing. :)

If you start by cutting out patterns made of paper based on the suit you want, custom fit to your body, you'll be way ahead and it will save you money in the long run. You can buy cheap paper at home improvement stores (the big rolls... saves you time in taping small sheets together)

If I could make one suggestion... don't be "just another Wolverine" I saw an awesome Wolver-ironman costume that was absolutely fantastic. I'm not saying do something terribly complex, but don't be a papercut-out. Let that creativity flow!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back