D.C.'s Lucifer (tv series)

Yup my wife called it too. Maybe women have Lucifer figured out? Lol. It looked like he was testing the theory with that knife behind his back and it cut him when he was around her. So for whatever reason....he's mortal when in proximity to her? I hope they explain that it the next 2 episodes.

Looking forward to the coin Chris. I'm sure it will be awesome

I thought that was where they might take it, maybe she is the last scion, like what was done in " Dogma"

Did'nt see Maze doing the nasty with Ammendale though, oh will Father be mad!

So who called it that only the detective, Chloe, could hurt him? (My wife did at any rate...)

I think he was going to go a little bit overboard with the knife (i.e. ask her to cut him or something), but the whole speech she gave about how she values him made him reconsider.

Did NOT see Amenadiel and Maze hooking up, but man that's gonna be weird. Kinda keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't lead to a season 2 half angel half demon baby, although a pregnant Maze would be hilarious.

Also, good news on the coin! Models are nearly done. I had an order through shapeways but had to cancel it. Gotta rework the text a bit to make it a little bit bigger in some parts. There was some difficulty printing in that size and I couldn't do silver :(

As penance for being a horrible shapeways tease, here's a render :
82sk6Ed.png

I know, the R placement looks weird, but that's how the prop is made.

Thanks :) My 3d guy is kicking ass at it, but lord knows I wish he'd kick it a bit faster.

Caught up with the episode last night, and damned if Malcolm isn't becoming a character that I love. The writers went in a completely different direction than I thought they would, with Lucifer being paranoid around Chloe instead of some sort of weird romantic tension. Loved him getting riled up about the satanists just getting every single motivation wrong :lol

Saw the preview for next week,and holy **** the finale is looking good!

Chris

hi Chris, doesn't seem you've started up even an interest thread for Lucifer's coin... but i'm definitely interested. perhaps 2 depending on price.

love this show. Tom Ellis absolutely nails the role and i've been hooked since the first episode. his charm, his wit, his humor, but the rest of the cast is pretty awesome as well. their music choices are spot on. i want more backstory on Lucifer and Mazikeen. Amenadiel, not really sure what his deal is... who appointed him babysitter of his brother... they have to be the same age. Chloe, this relationship i'm leery of... if they focus too much on it, it's going to lose it's edge. love the interactions with her daughter and Luci.

glad it's been renewed for another season.

-pat.

Last edited:
ah... ok, a fetch mission, thanks... missed that.

some background if you guys are interested::

"You know why God cast me down? Because I loved Him. More than anything. And then God created...you. The little...hairless apes. And then He asked all of us to bow down before you—to love you more than Him. And I said, "Father...I can't." I said, "These human beings are flawed, murderous!" And for that...God had Michael cast me into Hell. Now, tell me...does the punishment fit the crime? Especially when I was right? Look at what 6 billion of you have done to this thing. And how many of you blame me for it? You see, ever since you crawled out from the primordial soup and flopped onto the beach, I thought I was the one holding you back; distracting you with shiny stuff and gunpowder. And then I was... put on the reserves bench, shall we say. And I thought, 'Oh, well, that's that. Without me whispering in their ears, they'll build utopia!' Well dearie me, I got that wrong! He made you so He could retire, did you know that? You were meant to be the pinnacle of evolution; a creature so sophisticated and powerful you wouldn't need Him. And He could go back to His gardening and His wordsearch puzzles.

But what do you do? You elect leaders that despise you, and rob you of your freedom and dignity; you pollute and devour your Eden; you know beauty to be false, but you prostrate yourselves before it; you think to be a philistine is honest, to be educated is cunning; you find the lowest common denominator and then you dig deeper! I was supposed to be the lesson. I was the warning. I was the villain. And you all became my tribute act! There is nothing I can do. Nothing in all the palaces of the imagination worse than what you do to each other! You dragged the world to the brink of the abyss! Well done! And now I'm just going to give it that final nudge!
"

Lucifer is the chief fallen angel in Christian theology. Lucifer was once God's most beloved, most glorious, and most beautiful angel. He was God's second in command, crown cherubim, chief archangel, and left-hand. He was commander of one-third of heaven's angels. When God created man, he commanded his angels to bow down to and serve them and to love them more than he. Lucifer was appointed to look after the earth and mankind. In his pride and jealousy, Lucifer refused to serve a lesser being and challenged God's authority. He and his legion were defeated by Michael and cast down to earth, were he became known as The Devil or Satan, and his angels became known as demons. In Latin, from which the English word is derived, Lucifer means "light-bearer" or "morning star". It was the name given to the dawn appearance of the planet Venus, which heralds daylight. For this meaning, English generally uses the names "Morning Star", "Son of the Morning", or "Day Star", but rarely "Lucifer".

The Bible does not name the Devil as Lucifer. The use of this name in reference to the Devil stems from an interpretation of Isaiah, a passage that does not speak of any fallen angel but of the defeat of a particular Babylonian King, to whom it gives a title that refers to what in English is called the Day Star or Morning Star (in Latin, Lucifer). In the same Latin word lucifer is used to refer to the Morning Star, with no relation to the Devil. It is only in post-New Testament times that the Latin word Lucifer was used as a name for the Devil, both in religious writing and in fiction, especially when referring to him prior to his fall from Heaven.

Nah, no thread yet since I don't have a physical prototype or a completely finished model. Once I get either of those, I'll start up the thread for the coin.

Believe me, I'm all for people throwing money at me, but I'd like to have something to throw back :)

Chris

Nah, no thread yet since I don't have a physical prototype or a completely finished model. Once I get either of those, I'll start up the thread for the coin.

Believe me, I'm all for people throwing money at me, but I'd like to have something to throw back :)

Chris
I'll throw money at you... Softly though, don't want to slow the work on this coin

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Well, good news and bad news.

Good news is I can print the coin in high def acrylicate and frosted ultra detail plastics. That's helpful for when I send the drawings and files to the coin company.

Bad news is, I can't print it in silver or any metal. The details are crazy tiny, and frankly bumping them up to printable resolutions means making the whole coin look like crap.

Still, the company is still sure they can make them, so I guess it's more of limitation on laser printing or casting than it is a limitation on cnc machines.

Keeping my fingers crossed (hah! pun!) and waiting for some new info.

Chris

Holy crap, that finale was awesome.

Keeping my fingers crossed that season 2 has the 2 of em just bro'ing it up cause damn they have some serious chemistry.

In coin news, got the files sent to the factory, and just waiting on the prototype prints from Shapeways. Probably gonna be in hand on or around May 9th :(. SO LONG OF A WAIT... AAAUUUGGHHH.

In other coin news, I bought a replica one I saw online, but wow is it not accurate. Decent for a 10$ coin though. I'll post pics later on if you gents need em.

Chris

I kinda want it to end up being "Mum" like it's some giant badass demon killer thing that just doesn't like noise.

Yea, it'd be weird, but it'd be kinda fun too :)

Chris

Lilith maybe ? She's sometimes portrayed as the mother of all demons, not really angels, but she's often used in these kind of movies/shows, like in Supernatural, True Blood, ...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back