D.C.'s Lucifer (tv series)

There's a small word above the pentagram side that I can't quite make out.

Everything else is basically worked out, but that word is either Lightbringer or Lucifer. Can't quite see it, no matter how frame by frame I go.

Chris

Going around clockwise starting at the top....Beelzebub, Dragon, Satan, Lucifer, Serpent.

- - - Updated - - -

Other side :)

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 205
  • coin 2.jpg
    coin 2.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 171
Gotta edit. First up, let me apologize. Those aren't from the pilot, just really bad cgi considering how well they did the coin later in that same episode.

I've got the info for the names, now to just tweak the design a bit. It looks golden in the caps, but I'm guessing that's the yellow street light since it's basically silver all the other times.

Only other thing is the cgi seems to change (or, we can just say magic coin) and the engravings look etched in one picture and raised in another.

There's no definitive yes or no on this, so I think I'll just go with indented names, raised wording, and raised glyphes, as seen below.

ALMEZrO.png

tRrHDg7.png

Last edited:
What's not from the pilot, the screen caps I posted? The caps are from around the 6 minute mark into the first episode. I think yours are near the end right? Bad CGI or not I would follow the artwork of the higher quality and higher resolution images. I definitely agree with you on some kind of tarnished silver...almost pewter. But what I liked about the early coin versus the later coin was the seeing the irregular edging, chipping, etc.

Attachments

• coin 3.jpg
    coin 3.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 644
I've only caught the first episode and enjoyed it, but have missed any since. I need to set my damned DVR for the show.

What's not from the pilot, the screen caps I posted? The caps are from around the 6 minute mark into the first episode. I think yours are near the end right? Bad CGI or not I would follow the artwork of the higher quality and higher resolution images. I definitely agree with you on some kind of tarnished silver...almost pewter. But what I liked about the early coin versus the later coin was the seeing the irregular edging, chipping, etc.

Yup. Hence the apology. I was wrong about it being a pilot coin, and edited and apologized (I was worried I sounded like a dick as well).

Going for a pewter/silver look to it. Only think left to debate is the engraving vs raised lettering, but that shouldn't be TOO hard to adjust the model.

Once I get some renders done, I'll start a thread in the JY. Guessing the pricing will be somewhere in the same realm as the Tiamat coins I did from Supernatural. I think they were like 25$ or so.

Betamin - You can also catch up on the show on fox's website, and I think it's on Hulu as well.

Chris

No worries Chris. I don't think I understood the response anyway :)

To me all of the lettering looks raised. The side with the cross has some really bad CG going on but zoom in on the small lettering on the other side. Look at the word SATAN. You can make out some highlights and shadows and they match the goat head. The cross side might have recessed letters but that also wouldn't make sense if the back is all raised.

I also think it will have a cleaner look if everything is raised off that slightly textured base. What about that irregular band edging....do you think you can match that?

And yes....I'd be interested in at least a few of these.

Yup. Hence the apology. I was wrong about it being a pilot coin, and edited and apologized (I was worried I sounded like a dick as well).

Going for a pewter/silver look to it. Only think left to debate is the engraving vs raised lettering, but that shouldn't be TOO hard to adjust the model.

Once I get some renders done, I'll start a thread in the JY. Guessing the pricing will be somewhere in the same realm as the Tiamat coins I did from Supernatural. I think they were like 25$ or so.

Betamin - You can also catch up on the show on fox's website, and I think it's on Hulu as well.

Chris

Sweet! Would definitely be interested in a coin or two.

Got the prelim renders done and it's pretty close. Not 100% yet though, but probably 90%.

Trying to match up both the shape of the coin, as well as the texture of it. It's a challenge, but I have faith (pardon the pun :lol ).

Might see about 3d printing one in silver, depending on how crazy the detail gets and how expensive the print would be.

Once I get the design pretty close to ready to go, I'll start up a thread and stop hijacking this one.

In other news, anyone want to guess what's in the storage that's been stolen? My guess? His wings.

Chris

Yikes page 3....not looking good for season 2. Yep...wings :)

For the 3 or 4 of us that are watching this: Cheap prop alert...looks like the chrome skull is this one from Z Gallery. Which makes sense if you're a Hollywood set decorator. Mine just showed up and its pretty cool (and a perfect match) for $14.95

http://www.zgallerie.com/p-13041-morton-skull.aspx

Attachments

• 2016-02-18-16h07m33s110.png
    2016-02-18-16h07m33s110.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 95
I thought the wings were pretty cool. And how about that? The devil doesn't have stereotypical black or red wings. I like how they mounted them in a giant IPhone case, lol.

Here's a couple of grabs of the feather box. Definitely looks like a found item.

Attachments

• Feather box1.jpg
    Feather box1.jpg
    596.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Feather box2.jpg
    Feather box2.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Wing.jpg
    Wing.jpg
    992.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Wings display.jpg
    Wings display.jpg
    907 KB · Views: 168
Totally missed the IPhone case! :lol

Thanks for the Grabs!!!

I thought the wings were beautifully done!

I thought the wings were pretty cool. And how about that? The devil doesn't have stereotypical black or red wings. I like how they mounted them in a giant IPhone case, lol.

Here's a couple of grabs of the feather box. Definitely looks like a found item.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back