HalloweenCostumes.com "Back to the Future 2 Light Up Shoes"

The US9.5 in a V2 is actually a 10. There was even a photo posted where the US9.5 label was removed, exposing a US10 underneath.
I would like to think that didn't make the same mistakes on HC's range.

You can contact HC and see if they can exchange them, i don't think they will charge extra fee for that.
And yes, you really want to get rid of the foam inside of these... And slim that toebox

They're actually not a bad fit, virtually the same as my "size 10" V2. Maybe 1cm difference, with the V2 being slightly smaller
V2
20170102_015026.jpg

HC
20170102_015001.jpg

Hi,

I ordered a pair from halloween costumes uk, shoes were shipped to The Netherlands in 3 days.
I paid 79 euros with shipping, made de swoosh and air mag logo from rubber foam for 1 euro.
and the extra spots on shoe soul with my girlfriend nail polish.
The nike glow in the dark sticker on the front i ordered from Etsy for 7 euros.
Also did some toe slimming.

This is a cheap solution to get the real air mag look.

Total costs: 87 euro's / 92 dollar.

IMG_5876.JPGIMG_5880.JPGIMG_5956.JPGIMG_5958.JPG

Hi,

I ordered a pair from halloween costumes uk, shoes were shipped to The Netherlands in 3 days.
I paid 79 euros with shipping, made de swoosh and air mag logo from rubber foam for 1 euro.
and the extra spots on shoe soul with my girlfriend nail polish.
The nike glow in the dark sticker on the front i ordered from Etsy for 7 euros.
Also did some toe slimming.

This is a cheap solution to get the real air mag look.

Total costs: 87 euro's / 92 dollar.

View attachment 699671View attachment 699672View attachment 699673View attachment 699674
Looking good! Good job :)

Are these worth a shot then? they look like they can be made into a passable imitation of the mags, I'm not after anything screen accurate, more something that if some one saw them they would easily know they are from BTTF.

From what hallbreville posted it seems you can make them look pretty decent :)

I was considering the board for the same reason.

they're not quite as good as the V2's. I have both V2's and HC's and much prefer the V2's overall shape. You don't have to do much (or any) modding to the V2's for people to know they're the back to the future shoes. Just picking one thing, the colour of the upper's material is a nicer grey. Still, if I'd never had V2's I'd have always jumped at HC's. Pity they didn't come out first. When I got the HC's I felt disappointed as they didn't look as good in real life as the website showed, and I already had V2's to compare them to.
me wearing my V2s with extended tongue (4).JPG

Last edited:
Agree. I think for the price and as a set of kickers, sure the HCs will do the job. From what I have seen, the best part is the box. For wearing to a party or the pub where stuff might be spilled on them, the HCs will probably be the safest bet.

If you are wanting a better looking shoe, then the V2 is pretty much wearable (and branded) right out the box and with some light mods (toe box slim) they go up a whole other level and are instantly recognizable as the shoes from BTTF2.

If you want (as close to) perfection, then the V3 is the way to go.

I see what you guys are saying, for the price it seems they are worth a shot, i know most won't agree with me but for this instance I'm just after something close (after a bit of cheap modding) so I can sling them on the shelf with my other BTTF stuff for now. Maybe in the 'future' I would look at the V2's but all my cash is going on other things at min like my R2 build etc :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As we all do I have so many things I want to get but prioritising them is harder than I thought lol ;-)

Yeah that's how I explain my purchases to my wife, as she says my christmases are very expansive lol

I see what you guys are saying, for the price it seems they are worth a shot, i know most won't agree with me but for this instance I'm just after something close (after a bit of cheap modding) so I can sling them on the shelf with my other BTTF stuff for now. Maybe in the 'future' I would look at the V2's but all my cash is going on other things at min like my R2 build etc :)

you can make them better but with lot of work on modifications... here is my results :

IMG_1788.JPG

Before (left) and after surgery and painting (right) :
IMG_1792.JPG

The two shoes almost ready for glueing back to the soles :
IMG_1812.JPG

Here is a pic of before and after (left is after with tongue extensions) :
IMG_1830.JPG

My last mod consisted of two thing : modify the native lights by adding a diffuser and a gitd pannel, then, bumping the clear soles :
IMG_2357.JPG

Nice :) it's my one day item lol

My tip is: If you want them one day, every time you get paid, put $20 or even $50 in a jar and tuck it away in your wardrobe. If the money isn't in your account you can't spend it on some other thing (it's all too easy if you keep it in your wallet as well) and gradually you will have enough for V3's. If it's too hard to get to, it won't get used up on anything else. Worked for my second pair. :D Haven't quite saved enough for the third yet due to getting distracted with Xmas and finding another rare Nike. But one day you'll be able to get them. If you want to experiment with modding, the HC's are the way to go as they cost the least - if things go wrong it's not much of a loss. I've been lazy with modding. Should do more.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back