HalloweenCostumes.com "Back to the Future 2 Light Up Shoes"

Re: HalloweenCostumes.com "Back to the Future 2 Light Up Shoes"

Cavx, did these have the straps reduced? How was that done? Doing at them from the back?
View attachment 707333

Those are V2, not HC. My pair was virtually flat out of the box. I also ironed them, but after the wires broke, i wiggled a chopstick in there from the sewn port at the back to delaminate some of the cloth bond. This made them floppy which of course I wanted because I was after a pair closer to screen accurate.

All the shoes in my videos are V2 and now of course, V3. I don't nor ever have owned HCs.

I am thinking of getting my wife a pair of their 6s in smooth side (and doing some basic modding) and pending how she goes with those, might get her a pair V3 in 7 in the future.

What did they charge you for those NIKE MAG sticker? I thought Poon's kit was stamped foam?

Doesn't matter, the uneducated will see them and go 'oh wow, they are so cool".

20170215_185858.jpg
Got the swoosh on. Alot easier to put on then I thought.

I got the swooshs and stickers for 27 Shipped. And im getting a glow in the dark Nike strap sticker and seeing how that holds up. Yea im not too concerned with this being as accurate as it can get. If I get V2's or even V3 at some point then I'd definatly try to get that as accurate as possible.

Last edited:
I'll be wearing mine this weekend at convention. Defective now, no lights. Yellowing soles. People still like them.

Gonna replace them with V2 and convert the defective HC to Glow in the dark or something.

These are on sale again on halloweencostumes.com

$69.99 for adult sizes, $59.99 for kids. Some of the other HC items are on sale too (not the hover boards though).

I'm just imagining how cool they would look with a little outrigger sole on them.

OT, those docos about the TH and power lace on Netflix, is there YouTube link yet?

Nothing yet. I'm sure Netflix has a pretty aggressive cease and desist policy. You might want to try signing up for a free month membership and ending before they charge you.

Nothing yet. I'm sure Netflix has a pretty aggressive cease and desist policy. You might want to try signing up for a free month membership and ending before they charge you.

Already played that card a few months ago. Even when I used a different email, so maybe my IP address? I originally wanted to watch Game Of Thrones and after signing up, found out that they don't support HBO. So used that month to catch up on a heap of movies and then cancelled it a few days before the month ran out.

This is my first post. I've been lurking for months. RVLF, those are the best HC mods I've seen.

While I'd love to just buy V3s, my wife would absolutely kill me, so I've ordered some HCs using their black Friday deal and Christmas as my excuse.

I don't know if I have the guts to pull the fabric apart and shave down the foam inside, but yours sure do look better than the stock shoes.

I will probably buy the Mark Poon swooshes and stickers and probably even the straps, though i know nothing about wiring.

Where did you get the tongue extension kit? And how much?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my first post. I've been lurking for months. RVLF, those are the best HC mods I've seen.
thanks but these arent fully finished... i need to glue them on the soles... i've been working on so much different things that i didn't get further with these ones. But i have them out of the box so i'll try to get them done by the end of this year :)

While I'd love to just buy V3s, my wife would absolutely kill me, so I've ordered some HCs using their black Friday deal and Christmas as my excuse.
I don't know if I have the guts to pull the fabric apart and shave down the foam inside, but yours sure do look better than the stock shoes.
HC's are a great start if you know nothing about shoe making / modifying. They are cheap and with few easy modifications they can look better.

I will probably buy the Mark Poon swooshes and stickers and probably even the straps, though i know nothing about wiring.
this kit will help you get them better. It is a great addition. But i just ordered the strap (wich you need to solder and insert into the ones from the hcs). The swoosh can be made and glued for less than a dollar imo and the nike mag decal aren't something mendatory imo.

Where did you get the tongue extension kit? And how much?

Thanks!
i no longer make them. I might have a pair in stock but not sure. For more info, go to the classified section, project runs you'll find the old announcement for them ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't seem to locate the post for the tongue extensions. Do you happen to have a link?

Deep in the bowels of the old V2/V3 thread, tongue extensions may be found. That is where I did mine for my V2s. Sorry no links.
I might be able to find and send you a pattern for the tongue though of that helps.

I will look through the threads again, but if you have it easily accessible, that would be great.

I am a huge fan of your work cavx. I've loved following everything youve done on the BTTF stuff.

Last edited:
I will look through the threads again, but if you have it easily accessible, that would be great.

I am a huge fan of your work cavx. I've loved following everything youve done on the BTTF stuff.
my tongue xtensions are no longer visible in the project runs... for a simple reason : i haven't renew my premium account this year...

Thank you and your welcome.
Use the sole part to work out the scale.
491f629c038fff3e4d29b5259341ca3d.jpg
b02128cc256d053dc1e54303a683bdf6.jpg
e3517176965f5befd88b013021abce85.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Thanks! Still waiting for my shoes to arrive, but I’ll see what I can do with this.

So both bit maps are Scaled at the same size. So if you pull out the sock liner and need to scale that footprint up say 20%, then you need to scale the tongue drawing the same amount.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back