HalloweenCostumes.com "Back to the Future 2 Light Up Shoes"

Re: HalloweenCostumes.com "Back to the Future 2 Light Up Shoes"

What is the capacity of your portable charger?
How long is "not very long"?
And is this one shoe or both shoes connected to the battery pack?

1amp and only a few seconds

- - - Updated - - -

What is the capacity of your portable charger?
How long is "not very long"?
And is this one shoe or both shoes connected to the battery pack?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, okay. I thought you were saying the shoes were not staying on very long with the portable charger.

I might still recommend a stronger battery pack. I use an Anker 2nd Gen Astra E3. 2x USB ports, 5V each, 3 amps to split between them. It will run the shoes, and later if you want light up straps it will run them too.

Oh, okay. I thought you were saying the shoes were not staying on very long with the portable charger.

I might still recommend a stronger battery pack. I use an Anker 2nd Gen Astra E3. 2x USB ports, 5V each, 3 amps to split between them. It will run the shoes, and later if you want light up straps it will run them too.
yes they don't stay on with the portable battery charger very long

So I bought does beautiful custom shoes from HalloweenCostumes.
Is there any chance to get that freakin awesome upgrade kit from markpoon? Can someone send me a PM about this?

thx so much upfront

painted and dyed the soles. also reglued my straps. my hc's are finished. now to figure out how to display them.

Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

@MrSouthpaw didn't you do an external power pack?

@cavx

Yes. A big one. 10,000mAh. I can go 12 hours and still have 75% charge left.

That's on the stock lights.

OK. I was wondering if the wires ever got caught or pulled tight.

Well, I'm 5'4". So the factory cords will go down the pant legs with an inseam of about 28-30 inches. And have enough slack so there isn't any tension problems. The top of the factory cord sits at groin-level, so thats when the extension cord is utilized.

The cords don't catch on anything. I set the strap on the velcro in such a way that the buckle is is suspended off the rear of the shoe about half inch. Just enough space so the plugs aren't mashed. And you can tuck the plugs and some cord-slack between the shoe and the buckle so it acts like a shield.

And if you remember me mentioning tight-rolls. The rolls tension keeps the charging cord pinned to the inner side of the ankle where the charging plug is.

Actually, I should just post a tutorial or something.
I believe I suggested it before, (with no response) I wore mine at Emerald City Comic Con and Pax Prime with my shoes lit up the entire time... Using a 10,000 MAH battery, I've gone up to a week lit up while I had them on and off at home without needing to charge them! I like the idea of the authentic chargers but would prefer the mini USB as it's easier to hide... here's a link to my original post with pictures, which is actually my review on HC.com
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=224737&page=5&p=3503254#post3503254

am1.jpgam2.jpgam3.jpgam7.jpgam8.jpgam5.jpgam6.jpg

am1.jpg

am2.jpg

am3.jpg

am7.jpg

am8.jpg

am5.jpg

am6.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I believe I suggested it before, (with no response) I wore mine at Emerald City Comic Con and Pax Prime with my shoes lit up the entire time... Using a 10,000 MAH battery, I've gone up to a week lit up while I had them on and off at home without needing to charge them! I like the idea of the authentic chargers but would prefer the mini USB as it's easier to hide... here's a link to my original post with pictures, which is actually my review on HC.com
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=224737&page=5&p=3503254#post3503254

Those are first-run HC mags. Sea-foam colored spatter-sole. I got a pair of those too.

Anyways, yeah....we're basically doing the same thing. When I get the strap lights sorted out, those will also feed into my battery-pack via a USB EL inverter.

It's too bad HC quality control went off a cliff. They sent me 3 pairs of shoes in a row with large visible external defects. So I am gonna wait and see if anyone else comes up with another version of the mags or just get some V2's.

Just bought a 4400mah charger at Walmart on clearance for $11. Hope it doesn't burn them out. Or the lights break the first time I wear them like my last pair.

I want to purchase a conversion kit for the cheaper shoes. Is there a contact here? Thanks!

At the top of the page is a link for Classifieds > Project Runs.

You can check there for kits and such.

If you say what you want done specifically someone may chime in with options/opinions.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back