Beauty and the Beast - Enchanted Rose an anniversary gift

Clark HD

Hi everyone thought I'd share my latest mini project. My lovely girlfriend has happily watched me build countless props without complaint or questioning my sanity. All she's ever said is "do you think maybe you could try an enchanted rose when you're not too busy with anything?" bless her. With our anniversary coming up this past weekend over the last month I sat the second Captain America shield to one side and started on the rose. I've never created anything from an animation all I knew is that I didn't want the rose to look cheap and plastic, or too real for that matter.

Pretty happy with how it turned out and the most important thing in the end was that Katy loved it!

The original enchanted rose.

rose.jpg

White foam roses

il_340x270.635622910_fl2l.jpg

I dyed the roses by lying them in some pink dye this shot shows the rose with original wire stem replaced with a thicker stem and the leafs added from another artificial rose.

dyed roses.jpg

10580021_10154451432250431_4294584076504707786_n.jpg

Testing the rose in the glass bell dome.

cloche.jpg

cloche 2.jpg

The final rose and base at home on the mirrored dresser in Katys bedroom.

IMG_1186.JPGIMG_1188.JPG

There's a vintage hand mirror coming the post to complete the display too.

Thanks for looking.

Clark

Nicely done. I did one of these for my fiancé back for valentines day. It's amazing how something so simple can make a girl so happy.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back