Scout Trooper (Biker Scout) Life-Sized display

GINO

Sr Member
Hey guys, check out my life-size Scout Trooper (Biker Scout).
It's all taken from original molds/armor/patterns. Real vintage Espirit gloves too.
The off the shelf boots are not the correct model (for the time being) but plan to switch them out over time.

I don't get to finish many props/costumes for myself these days, so it was cool to actually see something like this come together.
Photoshop background, sadly no redwoods near where I live for the time being.

And if you haven't liked my FB page yet, go do it now you rebel scum! :)

https://www.facebook.com/starwarslifesized

scout_endor_1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Gino that's exceptional. It really looks like a behind the scenes shot.The weathering and finish it top notch. I'd love to see all your figures where you have the displayed. Like a group shot. :)

Ben

Thanks Ben!
Honestly, they are all displayed in one room standing along the walls like they are all there for some meeting or conference.
So much less impressive to see them all together in my opinion.

Helmet made in 2 halves, just like the originals?

what an awesome peice, congrats on the build.
i was hoping efx was going to do this full version as the "legend" back when the guessing game was on...

Ok was having the clean vs dirty debate on FB.
As far as I know, there were no clean, unweathered Scout costumes seen on screen in ROTJ. I've always been partial to distressed looking armor because I feel it adds a layer of 'real-world' credibility. I know a lot of people who prefer the clean look though.
So which camp are you in? Clean or dirty?
And why?

scout_5.jpg

scout_5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my props weathered. As you say it adds real world credibility but to me my love of Star Wars was triggered by the dirty and used universe feel. As I child all the damage and weathering would make me try and imagine what the pieces had been through. What battles they had endured etc.

Ben

Dirty! It always looks more life like. Its just hard to dirty up something so nice but always worth it in the end result!

Ah yeah, dirty, when it comes to armours dirty look is more interesting and appealing!!:)
Looks like they never had the time to clean them because of too many battles around to fight!:D

Regards,

Alberto

As far as I know, there were no clean, unweathered Scout costumes seen on screen in ROTJ.

Fire up the ol' laser-disc player and still-frame through the Emperor's arrival. Not counting the long-shot matte paintings, I'm pretty sure there were some clean Scouts on hand for the live-action portions, that were then weathered and sent to Crescent City for the Endor location shoot.

11065121_ori.jpeg

arrive1.jpg

As for preference, I have none. I like them both for what they are. Dirty "in-country", clean when you've got access to proper maintenance facilities after deployment. :p

--Jonah

arrive1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back