Hoth Han ESB blaster mount FOUND?!

Taco-Bot

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
image.jpgimage.jpg

I think I found the scope mount off of the blaster Han uses on Hoth to blast the probe droid. I think it might be this hermetic seal for a spindle bearing on an old Thorsten record player. Another member is going to try and call the manufacturer to get the dimensions. I'm cautiously optimistic, to say the least.

*gape* nice find! may I ask how you found it!?

(question, was the scope mount a found item or just a piece of cut metal used to make the prop?)

Since you started a new thread for this exciting find...here´s the info where to get these:

http://www.schopper.ch/index.php?page=main-platter-bearing-replacment-kit

With about 74 Euro (!) pricey but an option anyway for all those, who prefer the real deal on their builds instead of a fan-made repro :)
I already sent an email, asking about the actual measurements...we´ll see if they´re willing to help us out ;)

Markus

Last edited:
seems like I am having a real, vintage (!) plate coming my way very soon.
Found somebody cool enough, willing to help out a passionate prop-builder :thumbsup

Will provide the measurements to BD for his upcoming run then!

Markus

Great job, Taco-Bot!

It doesn't surprise me that Markus has already tracked one down. ;) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, buddy. :)

Or are they rivets? Also, the mount seems to be raised up off the side of the blaster quite a bit.

And some genius posts this to a record player site in 3.2.1... I've got this in my to do list so find all the parts before I get started. :)

DO NOT DARE TO :lol
The plates are still available, made to original specs by the company that produces Throrens replacement parts (check the link I posted)
For all those, who are not willing tp spend 75 Euro plus shipping on a small piece of metal, wait for BD´s run to happen ;)

Markus

Or are they rivets? Also, the mount seems to be raised up off the side of the blaster quite a bit.

definately NO rivets.
The mount is raised by a spacer, as used on ALL DL44s so that the scope can pass the upper receiver

Markus

I posted in Davids project run thread... Yep, got it and love it ;) btw: the disc is flipped with the raised center facing the scope mount!

Markus

To think, if my record player hadn't started squeaking, I would have never googled 'how to oil a spindle bearing.' And we'd still be clueless about that part.

Just scratched a scope mount from 3mm L-shaped aluminum profile today...it´s not attached to the C96 as of yet
Also did some tweaking to my Hoth muzzle.

What do you guys think?

2014-10-09 16-06-26.JPG
2014-10-09 16-06-40.JPG
Markus

Attachments

• 2014-10-09 16-06-26.JPG
    2014-10-09 16-06-26.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 163
Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back