My wife had a question about The Avengers film.

dascoyne

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
When did they go out for shawarma?

Right after Stark gets revived they go after Loki. Next thing you know Thor is taking Loki back to Asgaard.

They couldn't have stopped for shawarma before getting Loki.
Did they leave Loki leashed to a parking meter on the street while they ate?
Did Thor drop him off at home and ask his dad for another hit of dark magic so he can hang with his pals (and still not visit Jane)?

It's a puzzlement.

In Iron Man III When Tony is with the kid in the garage, he asks the kid if he can make him a Tuna Sandwich. They missed a great joke opportunity- "Do you know how to make a Shawarma? Never mind, tuna will do."

Then that begs to ask, why wasn't the store closed down? An attack that big on the city would have put it in a state of emergency and everything would have been shut down

Then that begs to ask, why wasn't the store closed down? An attack that big on the city would have put it in a state of emergency and everything would have been shut down

They just saved New York, if not the world. I think a store owner would be grateful enough to open back up! :lol

My guess is that the took Loki back to SHEILD helicarrier (possibly just Iron Man and Thor since those are the only two that can fly), dropped him off and then met the rest of the gang for Shawarma. After all, SHEILD would probably want to interrogate Loki a bit before sending him off to Asgard.

It would have to be pretty soon after the fight, they all look pretty worn out while they're sitting there eating, not saying a word to each other. I agree they probably turned over Loki to SHIELD and then went to eat.

I think when they went out for it was clearly definite in the movie. This is how I took it:

1. Tony asks about going out for it, but then they realize they need to secure Loki.
2. They go up to Stark Tower, pretty much securing him.
3. A while later, they go get some (as seen in the post credits scene).
4. They then hand Loki over to Thor, as well as the Tesseract, Thor returns home.
5. The rest of the members go their way.
6. Nick Fury has his post-action report with the council in shadow (whoever they are).

I could be wrong, though.

Last edited:
^ That would seem about right, since Hulk was still "Hulked Out" and he was the only one that knew where he had put Loki!

Everyone else would not have had a clue where Loi was at, at that point. After Loki was secured, everyone relaxed, Hulk calmed down to Banner and they went off to eat.

Come on man, it's NEW-YORK!! Sure, you have a mighty fight with Superheroes and stuff, but that doesn't mean that I'm gonna close business:behave

Truth! We always supported when it was necessary... I guess that would go for superheroes too!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back