Monroe, MI Comic Con October 4th

rootman055

Jr Member
I'm hosting a droid gathering inside the annual Comic-Con in Monroe Michigan on Saturday, 10-4-14. They're rolling out the red carpet for us!
Many members from the R2 builders group will be bring their astromechs and we hope to see a couple protocol droids as well.

501st and Rebel Legion will be in attendance, so bring your whole family!

Contact me for directions, free admission, free lunch reservations, or if you have any questions.
https://www.facebook.com/MidwestGatheringDay

I'll be there at the Star Trek: Osiris table! I can't wait!

Also, saw this today:

http://blogs.detroitnews.com/geekwatch/2014/09/15/american-sewing-expo-featuring-cosplay-classes/

Are you interested in making your own cosplay costume but don’t know where to begin?
The American Sewing Expo, coming to Novi’s Suburban Collection Showplace Sept. 26-28, is featuring a special emphasis on costuming this year, with a costume fashion show, costume contest and several workshops focusing on costume creation.
Topics for the latter include “The Power of Spandex,” “Intro to Cosplay Sewing” and “Found-Item Cosplay.” Many sessions are repeated over the course of the weekend. Got a specific question? Visit the Social Media Lounge to meet costume experts and ask.
Attendees are encouraged to wear their costumes any time during the weekend.
And this being a sewing expo, there are several other seminars and workshops that will translate to costuming.
Prices vary depending on how many seminars you want to attend. Tickets can be bought a la carte or in discounted packages. Download the registration brochure with all the information at the show’s website.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're totally stoked about this event!

It looks like there'll be a complete fiberglass and brass C-3PO in attendance at the astromech tables for anyone interested in such a project.

It's going to be great fun, I think! It's the second one and they're still small so it's a great time to get involved. The guy in charge is doing a lot of fundraising and charity work, which I think is an awesome thing. And he's very stoked about comics and cosplay.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back