They are remaking point break

It was a successful movie and younger kids have little probability of being familiar with the original. Why not?

Although younger kids will probably watch the PB remake and say they ripped off the first "Fast & Furious" movie.

Makes me think the writers were inspired by this moment.

The_Avengers_7.jpg

Last edited:
The original is one of my guilty pleasure movies. Whenever I see that playing on some channel I will sit and watch it. So bad, yet so good! I don't mind a remake as long as it doesn't try to take itself so seriously. Oh and as long as there is a cameo for Gary Busey! :lol

With two leads noone has head of.

For the love of god, why?

Because it's easy and they are lazy, but they are not stupid.......you have to remember that all the remakes of films we grew up with and/or love are not remade for us...they are stolen ideas remade for a younger generation who haven't seen the originals...of course the back end of the money train hopes we who have seen and love the originals will get on board.

I can see it now, Tricky Dicky replaced by Bill Clinton and saying:
'I did not have sexual relations with that woman.' as he leaves the bank heist.

I watched point break in the theater and the screen went black right when they got in the plane so all I got was "here" "no you don't want that one, here use mine" "no this ones set for a neck breaker, here use this one" "are we gonna jump or jerk off" then the sound went out. had to wait a week to see the ending. I would rather they do a sequel then a remake. I think that would work for both generations of movie goer's. im pretty sure "pappas" cant make a cameo as he was shot to hell and died at the airport. keanue quite at the end, but could come back I geuss, leading a bank robbery task force. they need to remake that piece of sheet "running man" and make it just like the book, and use the books ending!!! epic!! classic Stephen king :popcorn

I doubt any post 9/11 film is going to feature the hero flying a plane into a skyscraper while trying not to trip over his own entrails.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back