e3 2014 mass effect 4 trailer

If you recall, had you played it on release, and got to the end, after sitting through what was tricking you was a decent game; it ends with pop up message that read something like, "THANKS FOR PLAYING MASS EFFECT 3, FOR FURTHER ADVENTURES OF SHEPARD AND TEAM, BE SURE TO PURCHASE ALL FUTURE DLC!"

That. Was. Ballsy. That is something I cannot forget and forgive. The sheer betrayal I felt from just seeing that only reinforced the idea in me that the game should've died with the ending of the first one because it's just been a slow-mo ride to an extremely devastating head-on collision from there.

Being a Mac user, I had the benefit of missing out on one of the worst immersion breaking moments in BioWare/EA's history of pushing DLC. Dragon Age Origin's Warden's Keep. I just learned last year that the regular edition of the game, despite not having Warden's Keep in the game, still featured the quest giver, Levi Dryden, asking you to take part in the Warden's Keep quest. Anyone who didn't know that the Warden's Keep isn't included on the regular version of the game who accepted Levi's quest would be greeted by a store page asking them to purchase the DLC. Seriously. I don't care how essential you think your added content is, if it's not in the game, don't put the quest giver in it!

Thankfully things seem to be solid in the Dragon Age: Inquisition front, except for the fact there's no Mac client. No story driven DLC on launch day, Pre-Order DLC was pretty much cosmetic only and no end-game message telling you to buy DLC.

Very underwhelming trailer. I think they have done a pretty good job with Inquisition, it started to rebuild my faith in them...but the new DLC is a bit pricey for the content. My love will always be the ME trilogy...

Very underwhelming trailer. I think they have done a pretty good job with Inquisition, it started to rebuild my faith in them...but the new DLC is a bit pricey for the content. My love will always be the ME trilogy...

For me, my love will always go to the first and original game. It had a much broader scale of adventure while laying down the foundation for something really new and potentially dark setting. Even more darker than the darkest moments of Star Wars! You can tell that BioWare had such an enormous success with Knights of the Old Republic that they wanted to create their own IP so they could exploit their ideas in a Star Wars like setting without having to surrender their whole work to a studio that would not only keep it, but also abandon it. What BioWare could do they could claim as their own, and it was fantastic!... until they were bought out by EA and now EA owns their IP. Fudge.

ME2 was a decent follow-up, but it took many steps in the wrong direction. One of the most notable being the exclusion of same-sex romances. I know Liara tried to argue this point by saying her species is mono-gendered, but come on. Even with female Shepard, she would still be the one fulfilling the female biology role of being the one to carry and give birth to their kids. While the Liara romance could be continued in the side missions, it's was just that. Things on the side that are not as big as the main ones, who are all straight. BUT! I will give Mass Effect 2 some high points for giving us the best DLC I've seen in the game, Lair of the Shadow Broker. If you were with Liara, this felt like the perfect apology from those who had shied away from it. Plus it had good production values, great settings and an ending that was so good I save the DLC for the very end because it makes for a much better overall ending than the real one, and thank god the DLC acknowledges that it can take place after the real ending to make it more legit.

It's sad when you look at ME3 and how BioWare not only moved on from the Fox shaming from the first game, but they took the relationships to a whole new level! While ME1 and ME2 had same-sex romances, they were all bi-sexual in nature and only with women (again, sorry Liara). ME3 not only introduced characters who you could romance if you were the same sex, but would turn you down if you were the opposite sex! That macho manly male Shepard thinks he can save the galaxy and get any woman he wants? Not with Samantha Traynor he doesn't. God, Samantha. By far the only great thing that Mass Effect 3 introduced. Sure, she was quick to get into bed with female Shep, but you realize that not only is this girl not flinging around, but the moments with her and Shepard are some of the most genuine and well acted moments in the whole series. Seriously, I love Samantha Traynor so much that I'm willing to skip romancing Liara throughout ME1 and ME2 just to romance her. Now you could say that I could dump Liara and go for Samantha, but I'm not hurter.... Well, maybe I'd romance Kaiden in ME1 and get him killed, then Jacob in ME2 and get him killed! I'll mourn for Kaiden, but if you've played ME3 with a Shepard who romanced Jacob, you will not mourn Jacob. Seriously, six months after being separated and he not only fell head over heals with a Cerberus scientist, but also got her knocked up! That Jacob is terrible.

Indeed!

Though I don't totally agree....
Samantha Traynor < Kelly Chambers :p

Kelly Chambers was sweet, but out of place as a Cerberus officer. It would have been nice if she was a more developed and involved character and the particulars of why she was chosen revealed in ME2 rather than waiting till ME3. And she only appears in ME3 if you had a fling with her which just felt wrong.

Plus, Samantha actually does stuff that is crucial to the story.

Kelly Chambers was sweet, but out of place as a Cerberus officer. It would have been nice if she was a more developed and involved character and the particulars of why she was chosen revealed in ME2 rather than waiting till ME3. And she only appears in ME3 if you had a fling with her which just felt wrong.

Plus, Samantha actually does stuff that is crucial to the story.

I wouldn't know, I literally have a mental block when it comes to ME3 :lol
Mostly I just remember all my old squad mates whom I helped out a LOT in the past, were all too busy washing their hair(or whatever) to help me save the freaking galaxy :facepalm

I guess I need to finish playing 3 at some point. I was just so annoyed at having to do things like play online to stop my war readiness from going down. (Or whatever it was, it's been a long time.)

I guess I need to finish playing 3 at some point. I was just so annoyed at having to do things like play online to stop my war readiness from going down. (Or whatever it was, it's been a long time.)

Actually they got rid of that thanks to the terrible feedback, now you just have to do all the side missions you can to get the readiness level up. I want to see how they handle this storyline, I'm expecting a crapstorm from fans either way lol.

Really? That's good to know. I enjoyed ME and ME2 and was enjoying ME3 except for a few issues, like the one I mentioned. Maybe I'll actually finish it now since that was probably my biggest annoyance.

I just hope ME4 doesn't have Casey Hudson and that other guy anywhere near it, they're the ones who overroad everyone involved in ME3 and tossed out all the storyline that the writer had started in ME2 in favor of their ideas in order to make EA happy.

So, from what I've seen thus far, this doesn't return to the same galaxy at all. Its only connection to the original games is the brand itself and perhaps the gameplay style. Otherwise, new characters, new galaxy, new story, new everything...except the same tarnished brand.

I never played MP and got all the assets I needed. I just did every possible side mission and talked to everyone. That's not the part that will make you annoyed though. ;)

There are about 1,500-2,000 more assets than you would ever need. Worst case if you don't feel like doing every single last fetch quest and refuse the multiplayer there is an online version of the iOS app they had once upon a time that you can use to raise your readiness. I always hit at least 7k assets on my playthroughs and I still use that thing to bump my readiness just out of habit from back in the day.

So, from what I've seen thus far, this doesn't return to the same galaxy at all. Its only connection to the original games is the brand itself and perhaps the gameplay style. Otherwise, new characters, new galaxy, new story, new everything...except the same tarnished brand.

There may be returning races. Aftera ll, it wouldn't make sense for a newly introduced space worthy race like the Humans being the only ones capable of taking this journey. The Asari for example have been trying to construct their own relay stations for a while.

There may be returning races. Aftera ll, it wouldn't make sense for a newly introduced space worthy race like the Humans being the only ones capable of taking this journey. The Asari for example have been trying to construct their own relay stations for a while.

I'd expect a multi-racial crew on this 'expedition', with new races to be discovered in the new galaxy.

I never played MP and got all the assets I needed. I just did every possible side mission and talked to everyone. That's not the part that will make you annoyed though. ;)

I didn't mind the MP, I thought it was rather fun. I did mind how they ham-fisted it into the main game, however. The last playthrough I did, when it came I'm to collect assets, this is pre-whatever patch that allowed you to skip doing the MP, I hopped over to MP and did that until my readiness was pretty near maxed sans side quests.

I can't expect much about this new game, hell, I don't even have an Xbox One (the only Xbox One I have is the original one that came out a decade or so ago). But I can say I don't have high hopes. Not after what they did with the second and third games. The most anyone can hope for is that it's fun, nevermind if it's consistent.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back