e3 2014 mass effect 4 trailer

100x what you both are saying. I love how while on a mission even during cutscenes, whoever is on your team will often throw their input into what's going on and they aren't just tagging along and it's not just the bits here and there when you give them orders during combat.

I really wish there'd been more development for Edi and Joker, that was an interesting matchup and would have been fun to see it play out more.
One of my favorite lines is between them when EDI tells Joker she "likes to see humans on there knees". The crew's whole world is falling apart and Joker is the only one who can do anything and EDI cracks a joke at his expense about his greatest fears while they're happening.

That "trailer" felt like it was written by someone in marketing with an MBA: a lot of words that really did not mean anything. And how are they going to pick up the pieces? One way or another the Geth and Reavers have been dealt with and depending on the ending you chose for ME3 I do not see how there will be any bad guys.

Reavers? Wrong 'verse ;) :p

Huh i heard that Casey Hudson was still somehow involved, that might have been before he left. I loved the convos in the elevators and how they used realistic things to give you missions like radio broadcasts during the elevator ride. Mass effect has always reminded me of how a Star Trek game should be. I just hope they don't turn it into Call of duty.

They already did with ME3 ;)

100x what you both are saying. I love how while on a mission even during cutscenes, whoever is on your team will often throw their input into what's going on and they aren't just tagging along and it's not just the bits here and there when you give them orders during combat.

Yeah usually in a game series it just keeps getting better with each game. But with this series it started at the top and just went downhill from there :(
For example in ME you could crouch and take cover behind anything, ME2 removed that... and they kept it removed in ME3 :facepalm Not to mention character development started out great and then down the drain :(
Played through the original ME 9 times, played through the third ONCE and haven't gone back, no dlc or anything.

The sad part is that the Citadel DLC for ME3 shows you that they could write good stuff but by that point Casey Hudson and the other guy fans blamed where in hiding so they couldn't manipulate it to meet EA's stupidity level.

Attachments

• video-game-memes-papea-kills-off-developers.jpg
    video-game-memes-papea-kills-off-developers.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 128
Same here. I thought ME3 was pretty good up until the end. I haven't wanted to play it a second time and the DLC is too expensive.

Yeah exactly. I played through all the DLC for the 1st and 2nd game... I was basically a Mass Effect addict :lol I even bought two books which I thought were good...

Oops. Always interesting what one letter can do.

It's even worse in Swedish, a single space at the wrong place can radically change the meaning of a sentence :lol

...They already did with ME3 ;)

Yeah usually in a game series it just keeps getting better with each game. But with this series it started at the top and just went downhill from there :(
For example in ME you could crouch and take cover behind anything, ME2 removed that... and they kept it removed in ME3 :facepalm Not to mention character development started out great and then down the drain :(
Played through the original ME 9 times, played through the third ONCE and haven't gone back, no dlc or anything.

I disagree about the first point: it began in ME2 when they got rid of seemingly infinite ammo for ammo clips.

I can't overstate how much I agree with you on the second statement; everybody had to fill the shoe of one-liner spewing, super cool, bad ass role. Nevermind the personal and psychological turmoil that were brought about by character faults that each one faced in the first game.

I disagree about the first point: it began in ME2 when they got rid of seemingly infinite ammo for ammo clips.

I can't overstate how much I agree with you on the second statement; everybody had to fill the shoe of one-liner spewing, super cool, bad ass role. Nevermind the personal and psychological turmoil that were brought about by character faults that each one faced in the first game.

Yeah, I know it began in ME2. EA bought bioware and then all of the sudden crap started hitting the fan, for some reason :rolleyes haaate EA.
After a mission in the first game at least I would go around talking to the crew, learning a lot about each member's back story, and so on. Got less of than in the second game and then in the third or should I say TURD, it was almost none existing. Mostly one just got "I don't have time, we have a war to win" or trying to recruit old squad members: "I don't have time, I need to brush my teeth so you will have to fight your war on your own Shepard" :facepalm

Let's not forget that half the missions in ME3 are scanning planets and when you do get to land half of the areas are just the MP maps with objects to pick up lol I'm pretty sure ME3 was at least a year away from being complete when they released it.

I've still not played ME2, since I was holding off on it and waiting to see what happened with ME3. when I heard it sucked, I just didn't bother with ME2.

ME1 ended satisfactorily. Why play ME2 and end the story in the middle chapter, if I never intend to play ME3, ya know?

I was looking over Deadspace 3 and it feels like ME3 too, released before it's time thanks to pressure from EA. Especially when the real ending was a 10.00 DLC that was a total turd and caused Visceral to vanish from twitter. Paying for endings is something Capcom is good at too.

Yep, losing the "nearly infinite ammo" was one of the biggest things I didn't like about ME2, changed the whole gameplay. I did like the simplification of items and weapons/armor though. There was just a huge shock going from 1 and jumping into 2. I do like the navigation in space better in 2 than 1, and I think I like the SR2 is the best of the Normandys(ies?):lol Scanning planets for resources was tedious at best. I still talked to everyone after each mission even in ME2 but yea, I missed the backstories and faults with the crew members...only Grunt should have felt "perfect".

Didn't know that about the Dead Space 3 ending....*sigh* I still need to finish that one too.

I'll say it, I loved scanning worlds. Of course, much more in the first game than in all the others but that lust for exploration I have still compels me to scan each and every planet thoroughly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoyed ME3 actually, but I had my expectations set at the right level going in. ME2 is the clear best of series I think, even if I didn't care much for some of the gameplay changes (ammo pickups after the first game explained why they didn't need them).
Shepard's story is clearly finished, but the galaxy is a big place - I'm sure there are other stories to tell.

I have literally fallen asleep scanning planets in ME2, my gawd that was tedious

I've still not played ME2, since I was holding off on it and waiting to see what happened with ME3. when I heard it sucked, I just didn't bother with ME2.

ME1 ended satisfactorily. Why play ME2 and end the story in the middle chapter, if I never intend to play ME3, ya know?

Actually playing through ME2 and its DLC could be a good way to finish... on a cliffhanger. Then there are the books ;)
At least the second game and books didn't drop big important storylines.... unlike ME3 :rolleyes

I HATE cliffhanger endings, so....pass, thanks. ME1 was great, and for me...that's Mass Effect and only that. I have zero investment in ME2 or ME3, and I'm actually grateful for that. It's kinda like having only ever seen the first Matrix movie and having next to know knowledge of the other two.

Apparently the comic books have filled out a lot of the world too, what's nice they're all in trade paperbacks now.

I HATE cliffhanger endings, so....pass, thanks. ME1 was great, and for me...that's Mass Effect and only that. I have zero investment in ME2 or ME3, and I'm actually grateful for that. It's kinda like having only ever seen the first Matrix movie and having next to know knowledge of the other two.

I see where you're coming from, but damn ME2 is a great game.

I see where you're coming from, but damn ME2 is a great game.

If the plot stood alone and wouldn't end on either a cliffhanger or a sense that there was still more to do, I might give it a shot. As it stands, though, it'd be like watching Star Wars, followed by Empire....and never seeing Jedi because you just didn't want to deal with the abundance of muppets. Which is about where I come out on ME3. I'd rather not deal with a lackluster game just to complete a story because I "had" to play the second chapter. For me, the story is finished and finished satisfactorily. I know there's more that could have been told (and was) but I'm not left with any "But what happened next?!" questions or "But they never explained [blah]!" complaints. I played a great game that stood on its own. I'd prefer that to playing another great game that stands on the shoulders of the one before it, followed by a mediocre game that wraps up a 3-part story just to wrap up the 3-part story in a mediocre way.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back