Sgt. Pepper?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GeneralMayhem @ Mar 17 2007, 08:10 PM) [snapback]1442330[/snapback]</div>
Dude, those are horrible...
[/b]

Agreed, however the member hasnt specified how accurate he wants the Sgt Pepper uniform, it was a quick fix post.

if it were me id be inclined to get one scratch made, as all replicas ive seen are pretty awful

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(supa troop @ Mar 18 2007, 06:17 AM) [snapback]1442538[/snapback]</div>
if it were me id be inclined to get one scratch made, as all replicas ive seen are pretty awful
[/b]

Agreed. If you needed photos for such a project, there are some excellent reference pictures in the booklet that comes with the CD version of the album (I've always been a big Beatles fan).

;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loganallenwolf @ Mar 18 2007, 10:00 AM) [snapback]1442585[/snapback]</div>
If you want a 3D reference, I own all of the Sgt Pepper's and Yellow Submarine figures and have been looking to let them go. If you're interested, send me a message to ahansard@cox.net
[/b]

I have all the pics and figs. :) What I don't have is any knowledge of how a sewing maching works, or any artistic skill in general. :)

im sure there are guys here who would be happy to make this for you, its just a question of finding the right member.

post a wanted request in the for sale section

I have been researching these uniforms for several months. A friend and I hope to have two of them done for DragonCon. Unfortunately, neither one of us have time for commission work at this point. I would be glad to share what research we have tho.

BTW, I used this site for the back of the uniforms - http://www.beatlesagain.com/btsgtppr.html (scroll down to Japanese artist Jun Fukamachi's cover art)

How about this guy?
paul_hi.jpg

Being a huge Beatles fan and being friends and bandmates with other like-minded lads I can tell you that there isn't anyone out there creating accurate Sgt. Pepper uniforms right now. There used to be a young lady in Houston that did them a few years back but she stopped making them.

My buddy Mike has one of her Lennon suits and it is accurate in every detail. Mike is an accuracy nut and he tracked down the EXACT medals that were on John's uniform. It's a thing of beauty and very well made.

If you like other types of Beatle clothes, check out this website: www.beatlesuits.com

The owner of that site is a huge Beatle collector and is in the garment trade so he makes stitch for stitch replicas of Beatle suits and jackets. He owns Ringo's actual jacket from the Abbey Road album cover, the Beatles drumhead that was on Ringo's kit when they played Ed Sullivan for the first time in 1964 and Paul's tan military jacket that he wore when the Fab 4 played Shea Stadium.

I bought several of Russ' suits from his website and they are all dead-on and very well made. I have the Shea Jacket, Sullivan Suit and Collarless Suit. Russ is a very good guy to deal with and maybe he'll make some Pepper suits in the years ahead.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BeatleTrooper @ Mar 21 2007, 12:04 PM) [snapback]1444840[/snapback]</div>
My buddy Mike has one of her Lennon suits and it is accurate in every detail. Mike is an accuracy nut and he tracked down the EXACT medals that were on John's uniform. It's a thing of beauty and very well made.

[/b]

It looks like John's medals are also Ringo's medals.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jcoffman99 @ Mar 18 2007, 11:44 AM) [snapback]1442681[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loganallenwolf @ Mar 18 2007, 10:00 AM) [snapback]1442585[/snapback]
If you want a 3D reference, I own all of the Sgt Pepper's and Yellow Submarine figures and have been looking to let them go. If you're interested, send me a message to ahansard@cox.net
[/b]

I have all the pics and figs. :) What I don't have is any knowledge of how a sewing maching works, or any artistic skill in general. :)
[/b][/quote]

If you haven't found someone yet to help you out, pm me. :)

I think a St. Pepper costume would be very cool.

You can get most of the other standard Beatle suits (Early years, Shea, Hard Day's NIght etc) from Russ Lease at www.beatlesuits.com He does a splendid job and is extremely accurate. I have made the Sgt Pepper Suits....Finding all the particulars to make them accurate is time consuming, and thrilling when you find a trim that you've been looking for. Ringo and John's are the easiest since the hemline on the jackets are straight and there is less detail on the sleeves for theirs. George is the hardest in my opinion due to the wavy hemline and work on the sleeves. It takes me a solid 40 hours to make them the right way....but the end result is worth the time.

Anybody ever tackle the Beatles Sgt. Pepper uniforms or know if a source? Thanks,

John

Anybody ever tackle the Beatles Sgt. Pepper uniforms or know if a source? Thanks,

John

I have never tackled the SP uniforms in particular, but they are just coats with a lot of fancy stuff added on.

There are some really good nuggets on The Costumer's Guide about the jackets, how-to's and sources.....

Sargent Pepper Page at The Costumer's Guide to Movie Costumes

The McCall's pattern M4745, a Civil War style frockcoat that they suggest looks a good pattern to use. I don't know if it's still available in the pattern catalog, but if not there are dozens on eBay under 10$ shipped. I think the Willy Wonka coat would work to with the same suggested mods.

Might try looking at other military re-enactor patterns and suppliers for the trims, cords, metals and other decorations.

Good Luck with it!
Shylaah

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back