The Prometheus Project (Stargate SG1 X-303)

JMar

This will be my second attempt at scratch building a ship from the Stargate series. My skills have improved considerably since then....but I still don't know if i'm up for the task. i guess time will tell.

Onto some of the technical details:

I'm basing the length of 195 meters off the stargate wiki page (http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/X-303). The scale ends up being, roughly, 1/220.

Now there's some debate about ship details on line, what's canon and what is not. The decisions I've made prior to starting are based on what is seen on screen and what is implied on screen.

Based on schematics seen on screen/all episodes prior to Ethon the side pods are for the hyper drive rather than F-302 bays. Though never expressed onscreen the ship clearly received a refit (prior to Ethon) where the size of internal components of the hyperdive pods was reduced allowing for F-302 bays to be placed there, rather than at the base of the tower.

As for how I got started I found a schematic of the 303, determined what size I wanted then had Staples print me up an appropriate size poster I can use to cut my part templates. The next step is to cut the pieces from foam board and start assembling pieces.

Attachments

• IMG_4376.JPG
    IMG_4376.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 528
  • IMG_4023.PNG
    IMG_4023.PNG
    663.6 KB · Views: 602
  • IMG_4022.PNG
    IMG_4022.PNG
    597.3 KB · Views: 453
  • X-303PrometheusclassSchematics2.png
    X-303PrometheusclassSchematics2.png
    290.1 KB · Views: 2,283
  • BC-303_Promethee.JPG
    BC-303_Promethee.JPG
    349.8 KB · Views: 802
super cool! if you don't mind my asking, how much did it cost for staples to print that? ive got pics I would like blown up like that.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back