RIP Richard Kiel.

:( He was such a sweet guy. A true gentle giant.

trent and Mr. Larson(2).jpg

Or as Connery would say, "Pooosy.."

I just read that he was upset that people remembered his as Jaws and little else.

I recall an episode of I Spy where he played a character named "Tiny". It was a very powerful episode, as it's the one that has stuck in my memory of all the I Spy series.

A friend used to work at an airline's frequent flyer dept. Kiel sent some paperwork in, and added an autographed photo. I thought that was a very nice gesture. (Especially given how frustrating the whole frequent flyer procedures can be.)

Great that people have such good memories of him. I only met him at a local con ten years ago where he was really in a bad mood.
Jaws is one of the few Bond villains that you could say is "iconic", up there with Blofeld.

I helped him walk to his car at a local con that I worked.

It was 5-6 years ago. He already had some walking issues.

What a gentle giant...

I told him that it was an honor and a bit of a confident boost that I could help a man of his size both in entertainment, and LITTERAL size... (I worded it better at the time!)

Seriously, he was a pleasure to talk to all of that weekend. A gentleman. Very polite. And even though he was feeling rough. Was SOO great with his fans.

I've not been able to sit and post something serious for the last few days...

My eyes def watered up when I read the news.

RIP mr. Kiel.

A buddy of mine used to work with his son in town. He said he went over to his house once for dinner and asked to use the bathroom. Said that the toilet Kiel used was freaking huge! Made me chuckle.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back