Incom T-65B X-wing starfighter (Fine Molds, 1/72)

ScootyPuffjr

xwing%u00252B001.jpg
xwing%u00252B002.jpg
xwing%u00252B004.jpg
xwing%u00252B005.jpg

Overall, I'm not that happy with how it turned out. I don't like the base color, the pigments are not how I want them, and the decals still tick me off. Personally, I think the photos look better than the model (for once). I'm still pretty new to a lot of this and I still have three more of these guys to build so I definitely learned a lot moving forward.

You should look into getting an airbrush set up, that way you don't have to use the decals and you have more flexibility in paint colors. It takes longer but I think the results are better.

Looks good though, it's a clean build.

I think you're being a bit hard on yourself. I think it looks great! Yes, the decals might be a bit too vibrant (and thick?), but I think it's pretty great for a 1/72 model that's really small and kind of hard to work with. And I second the airbrush idea: not sure how I modeled before I got one!

SB

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

I have an airbrush (several, really) and this is what I used to paint the everything, including the markings and colored panels. The only decals I used were the little black squares and details (like on R2, the little triangles on the nose, the details by the torpedo tubes, etc.).

The colors are a little too bright because of my image processing, which I did late last night. After looking at the pictures some more this morning, I will reprocess them to represent the physical model a little bit better.

Looks really good too me and nice clean build, I'm just starting on one of these to get some pratice in before I set into the Falcon and it's been over 20 years since I've built anything, hope my turns out to be anywhere near as good :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back