Commander cody rocketman props?

yodakiller1138

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just got a Commander Cody Rocketman helmet. Anyone know where I can get the rocketpack, control dial, and leather jacket?

Wow! Sorry, can't help with locating the rocket pack, etc, but I would love to see some pics of the helmet.

I've been planning a pep file for ages and although I have got several pics of the original prop helmets, they're not from consistent angles. So if you do feel inclined to post some pics from front, side, top, etc, that would be most marvellous! :D

ps - congratulations on your score!

The Rocketpack and chest control piece aren't readlily available to my knowlege. I had to make my rocketpack out of cardboard tubes and corrugated cardboad with a cardstock veneer. The backpiece was made with a sheet of 3/8" thick plywood and had added more cardstock as a veneer to hide the woodgrain.

CPROCKETpics.jpg

The chest control piece was also made of cardstock that I had layered so I could create cavities to insert other parts to be able to turn the knobs. The jacket had been a lucky find at a thrift store. It wasn't totally acurrate,but it was close enough. I did have to shorten it for my Captain Proton character and had added the cuffs. The buckle is a vintage quick release for a WWII aircraft seatbelt.

capt-proton.jpg

I thought the same people who did the Rocketeer jacket did CC as well?

I have a helmet kit. I'd love to get the rest.

BrianM

I thought the same people who did the Rocketeer jacket did CC as well?

I have a helmet kit. I'd love to get the rest.

BrianM

Dave Stevens created the Rockteer long after the serial "King of the Rocketmen" -the first time the outfit had been used- and the Commando Cody serials. It was definitely an inspiration for the Rockteer.

Um yeah. I'm talking about the Jackets for sale on the web.

Dave Stevens created the Rockteer long after the serial "King of the Rocketmen" -the first time the outfit had been used- and the Commando Cody serials. It was definitely an inspiration for the Rockteer.

Excellent work! Love the rocket pack - must have taken quite a bit of work.

The Rocketpack and chest control piece aren't readlily available to my knowlege. I had to make my rocketpack out of cardboard tubes and corrugated cardboad with a cardstock veneer. The backpiece was made with a sheet of 3/8" thick plywood and had added more cardstock as a veneer to hide the woodgrain.

View attachment 374322

The chest control piece was also made of cardstock that I had layered so I could create cavities to insert other parts to be able to turn the knobs. The jacket had been a lucky find at a thrift store. It wasn't totally acurrate,but it was close enough. I did have to shorten it for my Captain Proton character and had added the cuffs. The buckle is a vintage quick release for a WWII aircraft seatbelt.

View attachment 374324

Just talked to Don Coleman. He made a stunning Rocketman costume in the late 80s. He built a time machine as well.
I believe he might of made my helmet. He told me of a company called the magicwardrobe that makes a spot on leather jacket. Anyone ever do business with them?

Looks like I'll be the owner of a Commander Cody rocketpack in the near future. Identical and made by the man who supplied them for the Captain Proton episodes of ST: Voyager.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back