Destiny (Video Game) Discussion

I've been trying to do that refer a friend thing that you get a special quest but it's such a mess that most folks don't know about it before they're past the 7 day window after starting TTK. I got the email about it today saying i was eligible but last night it said i wasn't. Bungie's falling part if it took them a week to realize i was back playing and sent me an email about it.

When I "need" some MP fun, I tend to gravitate to GTA5 lol. I love doing heists, and just pretty much whatever I want lol. I'm a pretty straight player and don't go out of my way to kill other players(too often), but once again, my work schedule limits playtime and I'm finding myself being kicked from queues because my "low level" 40 from people ranked in the hundreds:facepalm...no kidding. The highest ranked person I've seen was in the upper 700's!!! I can't even fathom how much they played to get that high.

Honestly they could have taken some lessons from other games including GTA5 on how to do stuff. They even tried to give our sparrow custom horns like in GTA 5 and they are so lame and underwhelming compared to the ones I've seen in GTA5 videos. Honestly I'm just happily grinding away on strikes right now but I'm high enough light to hit the TTK strikes when I'm with my team. It took 7 3 of coins last night to get 1 freaking exotic but man i was rolling around in blues and purples. I had 4 purples drop in one strike. Got 2 of the PS4 exclusive armor helmets, broke one down and kept the other since infusing them wouldn't have done much good. I'd be at almost 280 light but I can't give up the ghorn as a rocket launcher just yet lol. I need to find a legendary with tracking or that exotic helmet that puts tracking on any launcher then I'll be good to go.

What irks me is that the yr 2 versions of the y1 exotic armor and weapons are a downgrade to what they were capable of in y1. Exotics are now hardly any more worth than legendaries. and it's really stupid. Just pull the y1 version perks and all forward and slap a new light level on it instead of pissing on all players with those sad excuses of inferior crap.

It's all because of their badly thought out infusion stuff. I need a replacement for the ghorn but i have yet to see any launcher with tracking and I doubt i'll be able to get that helmet that gives it to any launcher. I started the sleeper simulant missions last night. The first one wasn't bad but the second one is starting to feel impossible at level 41 with only one player allowed.

There are 2 ways you can go about for tracking rockets. One is the awesome Truth. It tracks better than ghorn. Secondly is Titan and wear the space helmet. I forget it's name.

Yeah I want that helmet bad unless I can find a non exotic with tracking. I'm hoping this weds Banshee will sell launchers as i already got the sniper, scout, and fusion off him last week. I got a shotgun too from the cryptarch, who has been very generous to me with 2 exotics, that i am keeping but will never use.

Everything was locked up last night when I tried to play.

Screenshot-Original.png

I jumped on this morning for about 10 minutes just to see if it was working.

I really wanted to get it but 30.00 for 5 new missions and a raid that half the fans won't play just didn't seem worth it, half my clanmates aren't coming back to it either. You can tell Bungie's heart wasn't into this one as they didn't spend 3 months hyping it like they did Taken King.

I really wanted to get it but 30.00 for 5 new missions and a raid that half the fans won't play just didn't seem worth it, half my clanmates aren't coming back to it either. You can tell Bungie's heart wasn't into this one as they didn't spend 3 months hyping it like they did Taken King.

You can go as far back as June 8th on the Destiny FB page to read about RoI...

I played taken king, never beat the raid, first raid I didnt feel the need to beat too, after beating the others on hard as well. I got what I needed from its drops to get my light level up, but I was not a fan of that armor, and since shaders didnt affect my cloaks as a hunter it really threw me off wanting to play anymore. I know, petty, over shaders but I enjoyed matching my outfits color. that being said I enjoyed the missions for Taken King, but I have no interest in this new DLC. i dont like their weapon balancing, I nejoyed using hand canons and they got nerfed to hell.... regular canons not because of Thorn.

Honeslty me and a bunch of my friends have written off destiny until destiny 2. Withe revrything theyve learned form the first game and its players and economy I have no doubt Destiny 2 will be amazing. But I will wait it out.

Played the Rise of Iron campaign through with all 3 characters. Seemed a bit short, but overall enjoyable. Started the quest line for the new Gjallarhorn
rocket launcher and some patrol missions in the Plage Lands. haven't tried any of the Crucible maps yet. The new weapon designs are cool.
Got a decent hand cannon to drop from the New Monarchy with both Explosive rounds AND Firefly! Thing is a beast! :)

Sooo... is it worth $30? Qualified yes. The campaign is short, but all the extra content is pretty cool. I'm sure the new
Raid will be interesting too when it drops.

I played taken king, never beat the raid, first raid I didnt feel the need to beat too, after beating the others on hard as well. I got what I needed from its drops to get my light level up, but I was not a fan of that armor, and since shaders didnt affect my cloaks as a hunter it really threw me off wanting to play anymore. I know, petty, over shaders but I enjoyed matching my outfits color. that being said I enjoyed the missions for Taken King, but I have no interest in this new DLC. i dont like their weapon balancing, I nejoyed using hand canons and they got nerfed to hell.... regular canons not because of Thorn.

Honeslty me and a bunch of my friends have written off destiny until destiny 2. Withe revrything theyve learned form the first game and its players and economy I have no doubt Destiny 2 will be amazing. But I will wait it out.

Most everyone I ran with that i liked have given up on bungie altogether after this game and gone to play warframe or other games in general. 30.00 for a short campaign isn't a good deal and i guarantee as usual 50 percent of the players won't do the raid. Last time i went on the bungie forum it was turning into a civil war with pve players and pvp players insulting each other.

Yikes, I don't go on the bungie forums that often, or at all honestly. I mostly stick with the reddit for all my info, great people over there.

Yeah reddit infuriates the forum because bungie posts on reddit and twitter but not their own forum as none of the employees like the forum's setup lol. You literally only see 2 employees on the forum and they're both paid, other than that the rest of the employees go hang out elsewhere. It's unlike any forum i've seen for a game company. I was watching a playthru of the campaign today and it looks good but still 2 hours of campaign isn't worth the 30.00 so i'm hoping it goes on sale at some point before the kill the servers when D2 hits.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back