Destiny (Video Game) Discussion

I noticed as well that they are finally patching it so that legendary engrams actually contain legendary items etc. Since the game came out I've been doing every bounty and strike I could to work towards getting my Vanguard rank up enough to buy some vanguard gear (even though they are boring and monotonous now).I'm halfway to Vanguard rank 2, I only have to play through the same strike mission approximately 33 more times before I can get a piece or armor that looks the same as the last one but gives me a bit more defense...woohoo.

Apparently Bungie has noticed that staring at a cave and shooting at it for hours is more fun than the game itself for many...and decided to remove that option out of embarrassment.

If I could interact with anyone around me the game might be more interesting, I really want to like this game but they're just making it so hard for me.

I just saw these dev notes so hopefully that will address some Cryptarch Changes 
Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality itemsne issues
Cryptarch Changes 
Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items

I've pretty much given up playing Destiny. Its boring me the same way that Borderlands did, and I see no point in investing anymore time in it. It simply isn't the game I thought it would be. I actually went back and have started Halo 4 again. At least there is a narrative structure there I can enjoy. I can see why these types of games appeal to alot of people ,particularly the younger generations, that just want to blast everything in sight in endless firefights, but it just isn't my kick . There have been some terrific games for the Xbox, Halo, Half life (Portal), and Bioshock to name a few, that tell interesting stories and mix it with great gameplay, but recently that all appears to have been thrown aside in favour of the "on line always" shootfests and thats annoying me. Bungie has blown it for me with this one. It forced me to finally pay up for an Xbox live account to play the game, it burned out my old 360, but on the positive side it made me upgrade my TV and I'm now a Netflix addict (well ,at least until I watched all of Breaking Bad). Its a solid game I guess but I have no undying loyalty to it .

I don't like how it kinda makes you have to play pvp for some of the bounties. The Queens wrath specifically and agreed I wish I could interact with other players as well besides pointing or doing a dance. I'm going to keep chugging along hoping some future updates will improve the story and interaction. Plus I'm only lvl 21 and mars isn't open and I haven't finished Venus

If they open up communication in strikes or crucible matches that would make them infinitely more interesting and less frustrating/boring. I can't believe the Xbone doesn't have a chatpad yet....also let us trade items with other people.

If they open up communication in strikes or crucible matches that would make them infinitely more interesting and less frustrating/boring. I can't believe the Xbone doesn't have a chatpad yet....also let us trade items with other people.

my understanding from my cousin who works there said the smart glass was what they want you to move toward using for chatting. I think that's terrible because I don't want to have to put my controller down and load an app to make a text chat. I LOVED chatpad on the 360.

I loved the chatpad as well because it was attached to your controller. I know Destiny will only get better with more content and patches but I'm old and grumpy I suppose.

my understanding from my cousin who works there said the smart glass was what they want you to move toward using for chatting. I think that's terrible because I don't want to have to put my controller down and load an app to make a text chat. I LOVED chatpad on the 360.

$20 per. I'm convinced that people don't appreciate how expensive this game is going to be over the life of it. I don't generally have a problem with DLC (Day One DLC aside) but at least the first two they've announced are content that existed a year ago that was cut when they changed the story and is repackaged to fit the new story. At least some of it is on the disc too. That sort of thing irks me. I have no issue with paying for more content that was developed after the game was finished, but don't sell me half the game as the disc release and the other half as paid DLC.

I was 28 until I got raid boots, dropped me back down to 27 but I'm one upgrade away from 28 again. As I understand it, level 30 requires exotic helm and the three raid armor pieces all fully upgraded. At least until one of the DLC packs raises the cap or gives better gear.

I'd love to do a daily or weekly heroic. I wish they had the same option as a strike were it would pair you up in a fireteam for them.

Dammit! I rented this (Xbox360) from a RedBox 3 weeks ago and still have it! At $2+ a day, I should have just bought it. Lol.

I'm lvl 23 but do not have an active Gold Membership atm. There's just not enough content to justify buying it AND subbing to a Gold Membership account. There's not even any crafting or anything. Very empty game.

This in NOT an MMORPG. Just another shooter for the kids.

Dissappointed. I have no idea what in Gods name they spent sooo much money on (advertising?). It's not even Next Gen. The only difference on the Xbox One is improved graphics (and not even buy that much).

/rant

$20 per. I'm convinced that people don't appreciate how expensive this game is going to be over the life of it. I don't generally have a problem with DLC (Day One DLC aside) but at least the first two they've announced are content that existed a year ago that was cut when they changed the story and is repackaged to fit the new story. At least some of it is on the disc too. That sort of thing irks me. I have no issue with paying for more content that was developed after the game was finished, but don't sell me half the game as the disc release and the other half as paid DLC.

I was 28 until I got raid boots, dropped me back down to 27 but I'm one upgrade away from 28 again. As I understand it, level 30 requires exotic helm and the three raid armor pieces all fully upgraded. At least until one of the DLC packs raises the cap or gives better gear.

Yeah it seems like nobody cares that you're paying 3x as a much for a game that 10 years ago would have had all this content in it in the first place. Anymore i go for the 20.00 season passes if they offer them. I'm so far behind i need the dragon age 2 DLC still lol

I can't get a team together to run the VOG FML.. The limited social interaction is horrible plus I'm new to PSN/console so I don't have many friends. I wish I could advertise at the tower that I am looking for a group of like minded folks. I'm completely missing out here raaah

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back