Destiny (Video Game) Discussion

I really want to do one of the raids, they sound like fun...but 10 hours?! holy crap! I wonder if most people are tackling them at too low of a level...

Well, there's like more and more layers to this game that I'm learning about as I'm going along. Never played borderlands, so don't know how it compares. But like, the first Raid mission, which is the 6-man team missions with environmental puzzles and crazy bosses, reportedly took 10 hours to beat, with a cumulative 1,600 deaths for the team. I mean, that's nearly as long as the story mode!

Well, Destiny killed my X box!!! After eight years sterling service, with nary a fault , the dreaded red rings of death finally appeared. Tried to refloat the board but I guess age and use took its toll and the extended missions in Destiny really were too much for it in the end. So I've been out and got another, I've simply too many games I enjoy replaying, and until XBox One gets a better catalogue, I figure its worth it for the TV streaming alone. Glad my profile was saved elsewhere, I'd have been mightily annoyed if I'd lost all that as well.

Last edited:
I'm really digging the PVE side so far having a hard time on the pvp side.Still slowly grinding and getting my bearings and just about lvl 13. I think us PS4 guys should plan a raid.

Last edited:
Dude, 10 hours for a raid? 10 hours?! The only thing I do for 10 hours straight is travel for vacation or work for pay. At any given time, the most consecutive time I can devote to playing video games is, like, 2 hours.

My longest raid has been 2hrs and I think it took longer because we had 1 guy drop out and the other guy didn't seem to understand the concept if I die run and hide and not charge in because then it starts all over again.

I've been kicked out of a couple fireteams because everyone else dies, and they are surrounded. So I run and hide because I know that they will respawn in like 20 seconds if I just stay alive. Some people just don't understand the concept.

Bungie REALLY needs to let us chat in the Tower to form parties or allow us to trade/sell items. I did notice (not sure if this was always a feature) that now you can store items in a vault for your other characters to access.

10 hours is nothing for an MMO raid guys. That's also for the first people doing the place with absolutely no idea how to do it. WoW raids can take significantly longer to get down the first time, even after some PTR testing and a dungeon journal that actually tells you what all the bosses' abilities are and can give you a general idea what to do. Those also no longer require any extra steps to get inside beyond forming a group and walking in.

Solo, so far the universe has been static. I seem to recall some marketing claiming that players could effect change in the world that would be tangible to everyone, but nothing like that's happened yet. Maybe in the DLCs. The game is almost literally Halo crossed with Borderlands with a more generic story slapped on. You can play solo to an extent, but like any other MMO there is content you will miss out on.

Picking up the game at a discount won't make much difference in the long run if Bungie/Activision get their ten years out of it. $20 DLC every three months for ten years is $800 more you're going to spend on the game. Assuming they continue to do expansion passes like this first one that saves you $5 every six months you're still looking at $700 over ten years after your buy-in cost.

Level 23 Warlock now. Seemed like at 20 the whole game opened up. Got my first purple last night from the Crucible. It was a chest piece and it gave me a level and a half. Still waiting to see anything level 20 or above drop. So far 19 is the highest drop I have seen. But, soon I will be able to buy a level 20 weapon or armor. Still very much enjoying the game. Lazerblade29 on Xbox 360.

Well, Destiny killed my X box!!! After eight years sterling service, with nary a fault , the dreaded red rings of death finally appeared. Tried to refloat the board but I guess age and use took its toll and the extended missions in Destiny really were too much for it in the end. So I've been out and got another, I've simply too many games I enjoy replaying, and until XBox One gets a better catalogue, I figure its worth it for the TV streaming alone. Glad my profile was saved elsewhere, I'd have been mightily annoyed if I'd lost all that as well.

Mine has been acting up too but oddly enough as soon as I unplugged the internet it was fine, not sure if the port is shot or what. When it did work it wouldn't accept Live but everything else worked. Apparently the Destiny servers were taken down by that hacking group that took down sony and a few others a couple of weeks back. Not sure why hackers keep bothering with gaming servers.

Mine has been acting up too but oddly enough as soon as I unplugged the internet it was fine, not sure if the port is shot or what. When it did work it wouldn't accept Live but everything else worked. Apparently the Destiny servers were taken down by that hacking group that took down sony and a few others a couple of weeks back. Not sure why hackers keep bothering with gaming servers.

Unfortunately it was the video chip in the end that went. "Error 74" message. To get it repaired via Xbox services was about £80 quid and along wait so it was easier to go out and get a new one after I tried all the cures myself , including the penny stack but to no joy. I was playing Destiny an awful lot though and there was a significant amount of dust on the board, which didn't help keeping everything cool. The slim one is certainly far quieter, and I finally got a new TV to go with it as well , as the prices have dropped so significantly this year. A Panasonic "50" 1080 for just over £400 . The 4K ones look stunning but are far far too expensive for what media supports it currently has. And if prices fall as quickly when thats as outdated as 1080p then i will wait another decade or so I think! Anyway,it was well worth doing as my old setup was well past its renewal date and everything now looks spectacularly improved,Halo 4 and Destiny inparticular !!!! Need a blu ray player although all the DVD's and games are looking so good on the screen I thought there was one built into the new console . The Xbox One does look quite good value if all the media centric functions are taken into account, but I shall have to wait until Xmas to see what deals are around.

I understand why they killed the cave, but they still need to fix the loot issue. Problem 1, the drop rates that I have seen of anything purple, are rediculously low. To top that off, if it is an engram, the guy who deciphers it seems to downgrade most purples to blue, or blue to green. I have had that happen more often than not. What is the point of showing me look a purple item and it always gets downgraded to a worse item? I spent a lil at the cave the day before they fixed it, didn't get one purple item. I have done all sorts of stuff and only have like...2 purple items.

I did get two missions for legendary weapons, the Thorne hand cannon, and the Bad Juju pulse rifle. Finished the pulse rifle, but stuck on the stupid void damage mission part of the hand cannon. It is rediculous to expect someone to be that damn good to get 200 points when you lose 2 points every time you die. I did the math on my best round in the crucible, I was 20-8 K-d. That meant I had 100-16=84 IF I was able to kill with the shotty or fusion rifle, but guess what, doesn't happen that easily. They need to just bump it to 10,000 points with no penalty for death, kinda like how they did the pulse rifle one. This way, you still have to work at it for a while. You may as well say you get 3 points per kill, because by the time you get a chance with your garbage void damage gun, you are already dead. A shotty doesn't do well unless you are right on top of someone, and a fusion rifle has to charge to fire, and by the time you fire, your target already moved.

I just saw these dev notes so hopefully that will address some Cryptarch Changes 
Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality itemsne issues
Cryptarch Changes 
Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back